Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New NFL Rushing Record

Thumbs up New NFL Rushing Record

Jamal Lewis today ran for 295 yards against Cleveland.

Here's something I found elsewhere now :

[fanball.com September 13, 2003 12:07 PM ET ]
    Ravens' running back Jamal Lewis apparently ticked off the Browns by telling them he's going set the NFL single-game rushing record against them tomorrow. "One of my teammates has a friend on their team," Browns safety Earl Little told the Plain Dealer. "[The Ravens player] called his boy Jamal and put him on a three-way with one of our teammates. He actually told my teammate he was going to run over us and that he was going to break the NFL rushing record." Little said Lewis also told the Browns' player "that one of the safeties, either me or Robert Griffith, is going to come down in the box and that he's going to run us over. I mean, that's totally disrespectful right there. We're looking forward to playing this guy, point blank."

[fanball.com September 14, 2003 3:51 PM ET]
    Earlier in the week Jamal Lewis threatened to break the single game rushing record against the Browns. Unbelievably, he did just that. With seven minutes to spare, Lewis broke Corey Dillonís 278-yard record. Lewis had 180 yards at half time.

I love when crap talkers backup what they say. Gotta respect a guy for that.

that tells you how BAD a defense the Browns have:

First, Boller is a rookie QB who sucked big time in the first game of the season last week.

So, going into Week #2, all the Browns had to do was totally focus on the rushing offense of the Ravens, and force Boller to prove he could beat them......

so what happens?

Lewis ran for over 286 yards with SIX MINUTES left in the game!!!

Lewis' 295 crushed Corey Dillon's single game rushing record....

what a sorry defense the Browns have!

And next week, they visit SF 49ers at Candlestick Park

i think its amazin he predictin somethin that big and actually did it,that stiff arm on his first run was great

Gioperation --- lolololol....

that will teach me to shut up!

that's the beauty of football: on any given Sunday, any team can win.

Otherwise, how do we explain:

1. Carolina beating Tampa at Tampa, blocking 2 FG and a last-second extra point?

2. Cincinnati winning at least 1 game each season for the last 4-5 years?

yes the D does suck....but so does Holcomb.....and I leave my comments at that.

podstock- with the way kitna played this week, they may win 2 games this year!!!

Sarah...I will have to admit:

Holcombe has not performed like I had expected him to perform, despite the losses (Dolphins weren't a great team; but Marino always manages to keep them in the ball games and even win them).....

but Couch has several years to keep the job, and he didn't do well.

At least give Holcombe 8 games this season; Couch had his chances. He will have plenty more chances.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast