Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

How Fans Are Getting Through The Coronavirus Hockey Hiatus

Since the NHL’s mandated season suspension, hockey fans have longed for action for nearly two weeks, but creativity and spontaneity have helped satisfy during the outbreak of COVID-19.

The NCAA, CHL, and various leagues have postponed or canceled the remainder of their seasons, but despite all 31 NHL teams on suspension, hope remains for a proper conclusion to the season, which has sparked some creativity across social media.

https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/67...-hockey-hiatus

SCF Rewards
    Country

TSN & Sportsnet have been showing old Leafs & Blue Jays games. Im watching the Jays beat the A's in the divisional series. Its nice to see them old games again, i remember them clearly. I watched them live..
    Also the Leafs series against LA in 92-93 i believe. So wish we could have faced Montreal instead of LA, would have been a much better series i think & better for Canada. but that Non call on the Gretzky high stick,(yep, that still burns my @ss) ended that Leafs dream.. Now i have to call my therapist again!!!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I am the only one that can't watch a game, when I know the outcome?

Though a good idea that was brought up to me: My brother has the NHL Center Ice (or whatever it's called now). Has access to the last 8 seasons of games. If you just turn on a random game from 5 years ago (let's say Coyotes @ Blue Jackets) you have no idea how the game will go.... at least keeps a little bit of suspense. lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

i'm experimenting with herion

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

IMO I think sportsnet should take all of last years bluejays games and staring airing them one by one everyday starting tomorrow (which is when opening day was really supposed to start). you can also air out of market games on sportsnet one.

I think people would watch that.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Though a good idea that was brought up to me: My brother has the NHL Center Ice (or whatever it's called now). Has access to the last 8 seasons of games. If you just turn on a random game from 5 years ago (let's say Coyotes @ Blue Jackets) you have no idea how the game will go.... at least keeps a little bit of suspense. lol

I also have this mental barrier. One of the many great things I bought during the Habs Centennial season was the DVD set with the 10 greatest Habs games. On the exceedingly rare occasion that I break them out, I watch maybe the final 10 minutes of the third period of each game. Just get me to the good part where they win. LOL
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks Chicago Cubs

NHL 20 on PS4

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Same here. I like the idea of showing popular games during this time.... but I just can't purposely sit down and watch it. Maybe I can throw something on as background noise, sure, but I wouldn't watch it full-on.

Your idea about a random older game sounds good though!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Slainthe !

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

i have been watching some of the classics

breaking bad, lost, survivor and better call saul

i picked up some DVDs full seasons from the library ( i didnt even know we had a library in town lol)

i havent watched regular TV for a long time