Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to SCF

SCF Rewards
    Country

This seems like an interesting forum, so I guess I will elaborate on things a little. Periodically, I will a set or a subset to collect. I collect for fun and nostalgia. As soon as I put a card in a box the value is only with me. This may sound strange, but I do enjoy collecting some Team Canada cards. Mostly players from the 90's or before. Those Canadian tire canvas cards I thought were visually appealing. Growing up I liked Team Canada more than the US. The US development program has grown significantly since the 90's but Canada was still producing most of the bigger draft stars. The exception being all the Russian and European players who came over in the early 90's who were also very exciting.

I also enjoy subsets that have to do with the NHL all star game. I love the Wales / Campbell conference jerseys of the mid 80's to mid 90's. Sometimes I feel like a dinosaur but you only ever saw Steve Yzerman in a red or white Red Wings jersey. Alternative and changing uniforms really didn't pick up until the late 90's. So to see a group of players wearing those was always exciting for me. I suppose that is why I always loved the Canada Cup and WJC inserts as well. Black diamond for four years did some of these that I thought were really cool. It got a little annoying when they started reusing images.

A few years ago, I cut down a lot of my commons but made scans of them so I have them with me digitally.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

781Rangers- Welcome to SCF!
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ghoster1765's Items on eBay

Welcome!!!

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Welcome to SCF Keith, hope you are enjoying yourself here! Best of luck finishing the sets you are looking for.

OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @patriotsguy See patriots_football_guy's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

Welcome aboard!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12