Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Lavendain's Items on eBay

What To Do with 1990's Baseball?

So iv'e been collecting cards since i was a kid. Off and on the entire time but got pretty back into it the last 10 years or so. All my cards i collected as a kid have just lived at my parents house and i never really went through them. Sure, i had my favorites i brought with me and all that, but for the most part, my cards i collected as a kid stayed at my parents house in Binders/Boxes/Sleeves.

Fast forward to now, and those cards are now at my house, and i'm going through them. While i have found a lot of good stuff in them, i have a ton of cards from 1988 ish to 1994 that i just have no idea what to do with. Whats the best thing to do here? Do people even want pieces of this? Just donate them somewhere? I guess i have a hard time of thinking the best thing to do with Topps 1990 is just find the closest dumpster.

Also, if anyone has any tips or best ways to go through the whole set i'm all ears (there's probably 20k+ cards). I want to sell most of it, but i do enjoy going through it and finding some of the gem's i had gotten and didn't even know it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would pull all the inserts and RCs Hofers ect.
    donate or dump the rest, many might take them
    but the hassle of delivering cuts into it.
    If you have room store in dry dark place.
    enoy sorting and good luck

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

@Craer i usually donate bulk to salvation army goodwill also may want to consider listing some i know alot of ttm collectors like myself are attempting to complete sets from these years and some of the older stuff is hard to find to send out. Hops this helps

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Lavendain's Items on eBay

Thanks for the info . Ill get most of it sorted and then start posting stuff. if i cant move a lot of the just abundance of base, ill look to see if i can donate them somewhere. I actually have a ton of factory sealed sets for this time period, but it seems almost counter productive to sell when the shipping cost almost is the same as what the set would sell for.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I donate the base cards to Salvation Army, Goodwill, my wife's school! I keep the inserts and Rookie Cards still till this day!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you want to get rid of cards real quick just make an ad on craigslist. You will be swamped with locals trying to take the stuff off of your hands. Or you could always put the cards into team bags and hand them out for Halloween.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

take out the RCs for stars and whomever else players you like. Maybe check for somewhat valued inserts. use some for TTM if you do that. dump the rest. if you ever want to get back something you dumped it's only like $1-$3
    Pretty much like everyone else said

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

donate Iv'e given whole sets to a Maine island fire dept for their annual auction, sets were early 90's topps.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joebobjingo's Items on eBay

I would put into it the least amount of effort possible, because again the value just isn't there. And time is money, which I always have to remind myself in this tedious hobby. So yeah if you have the room I would just store them away. Some rainy day you may just feel like playing with them again.

Myself in the last few years when I've had collecting down time, I have pulled out old boxes and started making high condition sets (50/50 centering, color/focus, corners/edges), which can be kind of addicting in itself. I have a dozen sets like that where I've been working on here and there over the last 3-4 years when I get bored.

If you just want to be done with them, outta sight outta mind, I would think about donating them to a Children's Hospital. They have a lot of down time there, and what better way to introduce another generation to the hobby.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Craer,
    I just joined this forum and noticed your post about factory sets. I would be interested in buying some from the 90s, if you still have them. Let me know and maybe we can work something out.
    Dennis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast