Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Maybe pay isn't cut, but many people have had their hours cut, pretty much same as pay cut. some lose their medical insurance also. Then there are those that have been terminated, and unemployment benefits expiring.I think the players can afford a little sacrifice, it's only a game.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Maybe pay isn't cut, but many people have had their hours cut, pretty much same as pay cut. some lose their medical insurance also. Then there are those that have been terminated, and unemployment benefits expiring.I think the players can afford a little sacrifice, it's only a game.

amen. And if they don’t I’m done And i blame the players . They don’t wanna lose guys like me.

We’re nearly to June, but the players are out here pretending like the terms agreed to in March should be applied to the season. ™™™™ has changed. I’d like to be positive, say this is just how negotiations work, but the stubbornness has me deeply concerned for the MLB’s fate.

These aren’t West Virginia miners or inner city teachers. These aren’t even the guys making a million or less a year (65 percent of the MLB). This is the highest paid players willing to torpedo the entire sport so they can make a million dollars a start instead of $500k...

Two work stoppages in three years is suicide for Major League Baseball, and they’re running out of time to avoid the first one. If one party isn’t even willing to engage on economic terms, I’m not sure how I’m not supposed to blame them should a deal not be struck

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

amen. And if they don’t I’m done And i blame the players . They don’t wanna lose guys like me.

We’re nearly to June, but the players are out here pretending like the terms agreed to in March should be applied to the season. ™™™™ has changed. I’d like to be positive, say this is just how negotiations work, but the stubbornness has me deeply concerned for the MLB’s fate.

These aren’t West Virginia miners or inner city teachers. These aren’t even the guys making a million or less a year (65 percent of the MLB). This is the highest paid players willing to torpedo the entire sport so they can make a million dollars a start instead of $500k...

Two work stoppages in three years is suicide for Major League Baseball, and they’re running out of time to avoid the first one. If one party isn’t even willing to engage on economic terms, I’m not sure how I’m not supposed to blame them should a deal not be struck

Yup.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I completely respect your opinion. I don't feel like the players are without blame, but I just think a little bit differently about it.

Believe me i wouldn't mind getting to suit up and I'd even take a pro-rated cut of the league minimum.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Cardinals Oklahoma City Thunder Kansas City Chiefs
    See wizardofoz82's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

For 18 of 30 teams the revenue sharing check (2019 figures) from MLB alone either covers their salary budget completely or provides them a surplus of funds (the Rays surplus of $79 million last year was more than their entire payroll of $64 million). Team values and profits have skyrocketed the last ten years at a rate almost triple the rate of player salaries. Local TV contracts easily cover every other teams full salary obligations with surplus. The doesn't include the $91 million each team is getting in National Revenue sharing every year. That means a team like the Rays made $170 million last year just by existing and paying their players. Yes there is a bigger picture and some expenses and such but we haven't even talked about ticket sales yet or myriad other ways that ballclubs generate revenue.

I don't know how the lack of games is effecting the TV contracts and such but i'd assume if they started airing games again those contracts go back into effect at a prorated rate.

The players should never have had the expectation of full pay, and honestly I'm not sure many did, but the owners are really trying to short them here. Yes, revenue as a whole will be down, but without the players there is no revenue period. Pay them their prorated amount, take the profit decrease (though I'm betting all teams will turn a healthy profit) this year and save the sport.

SCF Rewards
    Country

At this point it would be best if they just didn't have a partial season this year and just worked out all the problems so they don't have a work stoppage again and fix all these "issues". By next season if you can't work everything out the players and owners should just shut it down. Because as of right now nobody wants an asterisk 50 game season that does nothing for the players or fans and why be the guinea pig for the other leagues when they aren't doing squat either. Right now there is no safety issue for the players or fans. It is a MONEY issue and a money issue alone.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12