Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Retired NBA star Gilbert Arenas wins $300,000 in the California lottery

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eless-man.html

Retired NBA All-Star Gilbert Arenas won $300,000 in California's lottery last week after an encounter with a homeless man, who predicted the ex-Washington Wizards guard would win and was later given an unspecified share of the prize by his new friend.

Arenas, 38, detailed his good fortune on Instagram, explaining that the story 'is not about good deed but about a struggling mans (sic) sacrifice and belief.'

On Tuesday, Arenas hopped in his car to make his weekly Mega Millions ticket purchase at his favorite store, which he said he prefers because it allows him to enter his lucky numbers in manually. (Some convenience stores generate lottery numbers for customers automatically)

However, with only eight minutes to spare until it closed, Arenas realized he didn't have enough gas to reach that store and swung into a Chevron station, where he was greeted by the homeless man.

The man asked for change, but Arenas explained that he only had $10 on him and needed that for gas to get to the store in Thousand Oaks, California which was 16 minutes away.

On Instagram, Arenas admitted that he actually lied to the man and was really only going to nearby Calabasas, but mentioned Thousand Oaks to stress his need for the entire $10.

Arenas then softened his stance and offered to use $5 for gas, leaving $5 for the homeless man.

However, the homeless suddenly refused Arenas's money, saying that he would need it for the drive to Thousand Oaks.

'I said listen I'll just use $5 dollars for gas and u can have the other $5,' wrote Arenas. 'He then says (from here to Thousand Oaks and back) u won't make it on $5 so KEEP the $10 and after u WIN hook me up with $20!'

Arenas then made sure the man was fine with that arrangement to which he said 'yes,' adding, 'I know you're gonna win.'

Unfortunately for both, Arenas did not make it to his favorite store in time and wasn't able to play his usual numbers.

But in a remarkable twist, Arenas woke up the next morning with two text messages saying he won the lottery.

'I've heard this scammer type blank happening so I ignored the next [because] I didn't get to play my numbers so I couldn't have won blank,' Arenas wrote.

Although he hadn't played his numbers, the owner of his favorite store had, knowing that Arenas picks those same digits every week.

'I went to the gas station later that day to play powerball that was later that night and the owner runs out saying YOU WON i texted u,' Arenas said, adding that the cashier told him they were closing early, so he went ahead and played for the former All-Star, knowing he was good for the $10 ticket.

Arenas pocketed the second-place prize of $300,000, but would have received the $248million grand prize had his ticket included the winning 'mega' number, 5.

On Monday, Arenas tracked down the homeless man at the Chevron station and told him the good news.

'I pulled up on my guy yesterday and gave him his cut,' Arenas wrote, explaining that he won't disclose the amount 'for his safety.'

'[He] jumped up and hugged me for 5 mins crying and then started to pray,' Arenas continued. 'I've given back to the homeless BUT never was blessed by one. [His] good hearted (sic) gesture… blessed that ticket.'

Arenas did not explain why he continues to play the lottery after earning over $160 million over his 11-year career, nor did he fully explain why he needed to buy a ticket at that particular store. He also neglected to explain how the owner at his favorite store had his phone number, allowing him to text the former NBA star about his winnings.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Amazing

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

This should be part of those come to California commercials LOL

A basketball player who has made $150-200 million dollars in his career and has a net worth of $40 million dollars won more money with not even buying the ticket. He literally lied to a homeless man, the owner of the store picked the numbers for him because he couldn't show up to the gas station on time, he left his cash at home and only had $10 on him, etc. Only in America......