Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

New 3-on-3 hockey league, '3ICE,' set to debut in 2021 with star-studded group of coaches

A few years ago at Pittsburgh Penguins rookie camp, E.J. Johnston observed the delight among a couple thousand fans as they watched a tournament of 3-on-3 contests.

"It was electric," Johnston recalled. "It was end-to-end action. It was all the creativity, and goal-scoring and tic-tac-toe passing that hockey fans love."
    https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...ng/5231632002/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings
    See vsarmy's Items on eBay

i find 3v3 ot kinda meh already don't think this is for me sadly Bring Back Ties :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Maybe they can do what they do in basketball and have a 3 on 3 with half a rink and just have recently retired players play in the league

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Maybe they can do what they do in basketball and have a 3 on 3 with half a rink and just have recently retired players play in the league

I'm assuming that's where they got the idea from.... but I would think they'll use a full rink. Half rinks, players wouldn't even be able to get up to full speed before they're at the net.

How this will work will be interesting....if it's low cost (i.e. a family of four can go to a game for less than $100) I could see it doing okay in these parts, at least for the first little while. Traveling teams, without a fixed location, would make even more sense to me.

In Ontario (Canada) there's dozens of junior hockey rinks. If you had teams playing a variety of dates in different buildings, that might work.

It would probably be really fun hockey to watch, if you like speed, and goals.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

I say bring back summer Pro Beach Hockey

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

what about Sockey instead

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See allenhawks's Items on eBay

Watching 60 minutes of 3 on 3 ? No thank you