Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Trusted places to sell / trade

I think I am pretty much done with cards. I have spent too much and have gotten junk. For example I opened a 2019 Playoff Mega Box today and got a mem and sig, neither numbered, and worth only about 10 combined.

I was wondering if there is any website or place in northwest Ohio where I can either sell my thousands of cards less than $1 each without posting fees and high selling fees, or a place to take a bunch of them and trade for better things such as better sigs, patches, or full sized memorabilia?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hitman73's Items on eBay

Facebook marketplace.
    Hidden Content

Use the drop-down menu on the top right for tradepages

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sell here. It is FREE.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think I am pretty much done with cards. I have spent too much and have gotten junk. For example I opened a 2019 Playoff Mega Box today and got a mem and sig, neither numbered, and worth only about 10 combined.

I was wondering if there is any website or place in northwest Ohio where I can either sell my thousands of cards less than $1 each without posting fees and high selling fees, or a place to take a bunch of them and trade for better things such as better sigs, patches, or full sized memorabilia?

My son started collecting at 8 yrs old and that was 5 yrs ago. It got me back into collecting a little since the early to mid 80's. I had to learn all the new lingo. I didn't know what inserts or parallels were, relics, game used, short prints, super short prints, blah blah blah. We've bought boxes on special occasions such as his birthday or Christmas and the occasional packs from Target or the LCS. So we've bought our share but haven't gone too crazy. We only collect rookie cards of star/semi-star players and autos and don't buy any non-licensed stuff. One base rookie card of a player is good enough for us and don't get caught up in all the numbered, insert, sp or parallel hype. But we've kept a lof of those type of cards for trade bait to accumulate autos or other rookie cards we don't have.

We buy/sell/trade on ebay, instagram, and SCF. From our scrap $1-$5 collection of parallels, inserts, relics, crap autos, multiple rookie cards, sp's, and serially numbered cards we've been able to trade sell for about 30 autos and a handful of rookie cards we've been missing. The autos include players such as Degrom, Pudge, Kimbrel, Goldy, Sale, Maeda, Beltran, Blackmon, Fisk, McCann, Grandal, Molina, etc…. Some better than the others. Of course there were some hits that got us bigger named autos but majority of our stuff are worth below $5. The point is you may think you have junk but there are collectors willing to trade or buy but it is a GRIND. You have to be patient and proactive and blast out emails, direct messages, private messages. You need to post stuff you have for sale or trade with pictures and keep them updated. You also need to answer messages promptly. It is VERY demanding but it is also fun and is especially cool when you sell or trade your unwanted cards and get cards that you can add to your PC.

Cards selling for the $1-$3 are especially tough to move but if you are persistent and patient they will move. So here are some tips so you don't get burnt out. By no means am i an expert or anything and take this advice for what you think it's worth.

1) Try to define what you are going to collect. Don't try to collect it all. Pick a team(s) or a player(s). Maybe inserts are your thing or rookies or hall of fame players or players from Cali or whatever but get in your head what you want to collect.

2) Use platforms such as ebay, instagram, or SCF to get rid of your unwanted cards. IG is by far the most risky but like anything else tread lightly and use your common sense. IG is a lot of younger kids 13-25 yr olds so be patient and take things with a grain of salt.

3) Be proactive and persistent. If you wait around for things to happen, they won't. Peruse SCF and IG for deals or trades daily. You have to be a salesman and like i said its a GRIND but so worth it in the end when you get what you want.

4) Don't get caught up in the hype of what everyone else around you is collecting. Collect what you like and don't collect for monetary value. Collect because you love baseball and baseball cards

5) Don't spend so much on boxes and packs. The occasional box and packs are cool but keep it very reasonable. Seems like you already accumulated a bunch of stuff for trade bait so ease up on the buying of packs and boxes

6) Keep a list of what you traded or sold and what you accumulated from those trades or sales. From this you can see how much you are making out.

So i end by sending you a link to my trade page on SCF, Hit me up if you see anything. Good luck and hope you continue the hobby.
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...-ROOKIES/page2