Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

In all my years working with redemptions from UD, I have not heard of a hole punched redemption card being returned.... the last time I heard of this was the 1992-93 Score Alexander Daigle cards...

I wonder if your box was fiddled with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country

In all my years working with redemptions from UD, I have not heard of a hole punched redemption card being returned.... the last time I heard of this was the 1992-93 Score Alexander Daigle cards...

I wonder if your box was fiddled with

Sorry. I wasn’t clear. The card I received had a hole punched in it. When I was collecting Pinnacle (IIRC) back in the day, you would send in a card for redemption and then with send it back with a little punches in it.

I thought that UD would hole punch a card after it was redeemed but not send it back, just the actual redemption card. So I was thinking to myself: “Hmm. How did there come to be a hole punch in a sealed box”. But judging by the photo of the Sedins SOTT, they had the exact same hole punch in a box that was sealed. So my initial confusion was unfounded as was my worry that the box had been tampered.

You’ve further clarified that no hole punched cards would be sent back into the community so, now I’m thinking that UD just hole punched the redemption prior to insertion for other reasons other than signifying it was already redeemed.

here’s what it looked like pack fresh.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Very interesting

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's how redemptions were back then. I just busted these boxes about a year ago. Both hits from each boxes were redemptions. Those 3 redemptions including the Pastrnak were sent for raffles. Didn’t get anything back. Upperdeck are thieves! They will not honour the expired redemptions even if they have them in stock but they’re putting those same cards in their Buyback crap and making more money on a card you’re supposed to own and you paid for!

OOOOH that hurts, I'd be totally pissed.... UD Premier acetate Pasta patch auto??

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wasn't actively collecting at the time, but if I were a reasonable man, I would presume that the hole punches are to eliminate the potential for someone simply removing the redemption label and slapping a couple fake signatures on the card.

That or removing the sticker and just getting Modano himself to sign the card assuming sign of the times are serial numbered (I have several but forgot if they are SN#) - that one wouldn't be.... I don't know how much difference it would make but..

SCF Rewards
    Country

That makes sense! I assume that UD would destroy the sent in redemption with the hole punch at that time. That didn’t even occur to me, but makes total sense after you said it. Thank you; I think my questions have been answered.

Now resume the gripe about UD not honouring old redemptions!

IMO, if I were you and UD won't honor the card - just take the sticker off and add the card to your collection... It's essentially a 1/1 at this point... So if you collect Modano that would be a nice add to your collection... And I'm sure if you investigate you may be able to get it auto'd by Modano at a show or via mail... But I wouldn't go that far, I would just peel the sticker off the card and add it to the PC... It's an interesting card, and if you're ever want to trade it I would be interested for sure... I would be interested in any redemption card that is an actual card with just a sticker on it....I like oddball stuff like that.

- Nick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12