Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

July 2020 Show-and-Tell.. A great 8?

Hello all,

The following cards are pickups from the months of July. As many are aware, I'm chasing very limited sets that are now 14 years old, so it is a daunting challenge to say the least. The aide I've received from the different forums and facebook group members in finding these cards has been superb, so thank you to everyone who has provided information leading to a purchase. This month is definitely a quality over quantity post so I will not distract you too long from the NHL playoff action currently being played, now onto the show!

#5. 2005-06 Powerplay Marian Hossa Impact Rainbow Parallel #61 (16/18)

I love picking up these parallels whenever they pop up. Each parallel was numbered to the featured player's jersey number, so given that Hossa's number was 18 at the time, its a rare find to say the least.

#4. 2005-06 UD High Glossy Niko Kapanen #64 (8/10)

The latest high gloss addition actually came from my former home province of Nova Scotia, not far from where I lived according to the address. It only took my moving 5000 km away from it to find its way into my collection. The Kapanen now gives me 216 in my HG set.. but stay tuned..

#3. Halifax Moosehead's Authentic Goalie Cut Jersey (Home Red) Size 58

The top three begins with not a card but a goalie cut jersey from my former hometown team, the Halifax Mooseheads. I am a goaltender in my free time so I also collect goalie cut authentics whenever I come across them at a decent price. They can be a challenge to find, and the Junior clubs can be even more so. I have always wanted a Moosehead's sweater for my collection given I spent my formative years spent watching numerous editions of the club and I now finally have one.

#2. 2005-06 UD Black Diamond Thomas Vanek Onyx Parallel Rookie #197 (1/1)

This was a card which I had been eyeing for a few years, but the moment presented itself to finally acquire it. While not the best rookie today, there was a time when he was touted to be the savior in Buffalo. The Vanek gives me 11 Onyx parallels from 05-06, or roughly 5% of the print run. While not much, given these are all 1/1s, its not a bad total.

And #1... or should I say #8..

#1. 2005-06 UD High Glossy Ovechkin/Carter Checklist Rookie #487 (xx/10) BGS 9

This is the biggest addition to my high gloss project, and probably the most sought after card remaining on my checklist. It was offered to me out of the blue, probably from my numerous fb posts on various groups, but it was quite unexpected. We came to a deal fairly quickly as I did not want to let this card slip through my fingers. Its also the only graded copy that I have seen, with a strong grade of 9 assigned by Beckett. Given what the most recent Ovechkin HG Young Gun BGS 9.5 rookie sold for through PWCC, I am ecstatic to cross this one off the list. This is also missing the serial number on the back, similar to my Crosby/Perry HG Checklist.

I now own all four High Gloss cards featuring Crosby and Ovechkin, and this was the last really big and expensive Young Gun left. There are a few big rookies left such as Steen, Getzlaf and Vanek but overall I have most in hand. There are also some base star cards left but I am extremely happy to have all the major, or key cards in my collection. Given the market for cards these days, I'd say I purchased most of mine while they were still affordable. This last addition gives me 217 HG cards or 45% complete.

Well if you have made it this far, thank you for the time and please do not hesitate to contact me with information on cards I need or those you are looking to sell. Looking forward to what August will bring, comments/feedback are welcome and stay safe everyone! Now back to the playoff action!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

That's an amazing month - congrats on the fantastic PC additions!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

You have an amazing collection!
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pyrayork's Items on eBay

Love those Power Play Parallels...I found a few myself....
    Always amazing to me how such low end products always seem
    to put out very desirable hard to find cards....Nice stuff

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Nice stuff.

Don