Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I cant find anything at any of the local Targets or Walmarts. Everything Topps and Donruss is gone. One shop I went to on Baseball Card Day was out of everything. The owner told me all he had left was 1 box of Chrome. He wasnt selling individual cases. Come on people, if this keeps happening, we'll see another crash. No one wants to pay over market prices for the cards you've got.

I think Scf needs to create a group that picks up folks packs and boxes and such. I know I do this currently with a few folks on the site. There is not a lot of product in my store but I really do not buy much and do not mind picking it up for members if I can find it.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The people doing this don't care. All they want is to profit off the pandemic any way they can and soak anyone desperate enough to spend more than needed.

Is anyone here on SCF familiar with a YouTube punk named Gary Vee? I'm hearing on another board that he's the influencer responsible for this.

Part of the problem where I am has to do with Atlanta rookie Ian Anderson, because he's a kid from the area (Shenendehowa HS, Class of '16). We care about kids from the 518 making it big.

Why is he a punk? I believe he was set up at the Nationals last year and he truly believes there Is money to be made in cards. I can say that definitely is happening if you look at the market.

So not sure why he is a punk so asking for an explanation as you basically saying he is a a worthless person.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I cant find anything at any of the local Targets or Walmarts. Everything Topps and Donruss is gone. One shop I went to on Baseball Card Day was out of everything. The owner told me all he had left was 1 box of Chrome. He wasnt selling individual cases. Come on people, if this keeps happening, we'll see another crash. No one wants to pay over market prices for the cards you've got.

This is why I think SCF should create a group like trading where people can help those who cannot find the packs locally. Of course shipping can be expensive but if you truly want the product what is covering shipping cost.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

No cards here in Oregon either. I even looked when I was on vacation in Idaho and Montana and nothing! There is not available at any of the stores around me!

Bake

That what friends are for but I doubt you didn't ask any of your friends if they could hook you up either?

DOn

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Why is he a punk? I believe he was set up at the Nationals last year and he truly believes there Is money to be made in cards. I can say that definitely is happening if you look at the market.

So not sure why he is a punk so asking for an explanation as you basically saying he is a a worthless person.

DON

Worthless? No, Don, that's not the issue. Gary Vee is the reason you have a new wave of speculators, flippers, and breakers, and I'm not sure if any of the SCF breakers are from my area.

To that end, if there are any breakers from the 518, speak up!!
    "You can't have an oversight committee on stupidity!"--Woody Paige, "Around the Horn", 2/11/08

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Worthless? No, Don, that's not the issue. Gary Vee is the reason you have a new wave of speculators, flippers, and breakers, and I'm not sure if any of the SCF breakers are from my area.

To that end, if there are any breakers from the 518, speak up!!

I concur with that.

DON

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12