Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs Thread

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

NBA Playoffs Thread

Day one of the playoffs is in the books; four games. No major surprises as the teams with the better records won each of tonight's game ones. Raptors clobbered the Nets, Celtics defeated 76ers. Jazz/Nuggets will probably be the closest series since their season records were just two games apart; that game went into OT. I think I'll have to catch at least some of that series not just because it will be competitive, but also because I love the way Denver plays, and I've also always respected Utah. I read that Mitchell had a huge scoring night but made a costly turnover late in the game. Murray was clutch for Denver. The game I did watch a little was Mavericks/Clippers; Porzingis was ejected for two techs (one tantrum, one shove), and Luka had too many TOs despite a big scoring night. It was a good contest, but I figured Clips would have the veteran edge down the stretch, and they did.

Tomorrow, obviously I want to see my Thunder against the Rockets (Westbrook is hurt and won't face his former team). The Bucks should easily beat the Magic, and unless Dame has one of his magic nights, I see the Lakers beating the Blazers. Heat and Pacers should be a tough gritty game.

Any predictions?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Oh my, Milwaukee lost game one! Big performance from Vucevic for the Magic!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Pretty shocking to see the Magic win but maybe that is the wake up call the Bucks need this year
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Pretty shocking to see the Magic win but maybe that is the wake up call the Bucks need this year

Yep, pretty crazy day yesterday with both the Bucks and Lakers losing their game ones. I think the lack of home crowd advantage may lead to some surprises in the playoffs this year. Not everyone realizes this, but a lot of players thrive a lot off the energy and adoration of home crowds and don't do as well when it's just a quieter gym atmosphere. This is why home court is such a big deal come most playoff years. But we don't have that in the 2020 bubble.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yep, pretty crazy day yesterday with both the Bucks and Lakers losing their game ones. I think the lack of home crowd advantage may lead to some surprises in the playoffs this year. Not everyone realizes this, but a lot of players thrive a lot off the energy and adoration of home crowds and don't do as well when it's just a quieter gym atmosphere. This is why home court is such a big deal come most playoff years. But we don't have that in the 2020 bubble.

Lakers lost? Hahahahahahahaha

Maybe Lebron James is just eager to campaign for Joe

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Wow this Mavs-Clippers game is testy! Mouths running, bodies flying, techs happening. All tied after the first.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Rockets-Thunder game 3 has been a fantastic contest--heading into overtime. SGA put them up with a big 3, but then Danuel House of the Rockets was fouled and hit a FT to tie the game. Chris Paul missed the final shot in the 4th quarter. OKC needs this one or they go down 0-3.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The NBA playoffs have been really good from what I am seeing here. More drama and excitement I guess without the fans to help the home team?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The NBA playoffs have been really good from what I am seeing here. More drama and excitement I guess without the fans to help the home team?

Yep, intensity is already growing, and tonight had some of the best games so far. OKC went crazy in OT and ended up winning by something like the biggest OT margin in the playoffs since the shot clock started; four guys scored 20+ in the game, and Lu Dort played some of the best defense I've ever seen from a rookie. Portland gave the Lakers another run for awhile, that game was close until the end.

Only two series are blowout/easy sweeps, and that's because of injuries: Celtics/Sixers (no Ben Simmons for Philly) and Raptors/Nets (no Durant or Kyrie of course). The Heat are also beating the injured Pacers (no Sabonis) 3-0, but those games have been competitive.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Luka Doncic is unbelievable.

Also, I was totally right about Paul George (link).
    Last edited by WilyWestbrook0; 08-23-2020 at 07:01 PM.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast