Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poll: If you were a professional athlete would you collect cards of yourself?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Here's a hypothetical tangent to this topic.

You have a PC of player Joe Puck and you have several 1/1's of Joe Puck. You find out Joe Puck collects his own cards and is looking for 1/1's of himself.
    -- Are you willing to part with your 1/1's to give them to Joe Puck?

-- Do you trade them to Joe Puck for some swag?

-- Do you hold out and force Joe Puck to sweeten the deal?
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

You have a PC of player Joe Puck and you have several 1/1's of Joe Puck. You find out Joe Puck collects his own cards and is looking for 1/1's of himself.

Depends how nice Joe Puck is in person. LOL I could easily see me hooking Josh Gorges up with the world's 2nd best Josh Gorges collection just based off all my dupes and stuff. But some of those 1/1's and rarities...might need a proper hookup like a gamer haha.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cygnus1 stated above "Why is it that I have to be subjected to the political views of everyone, whether it be Facebook, SCF, out in public, etc. and those people don't have to forfeit their salaries, yet athletes are expected to shut up and play? This whole idea of "I'm paying your salary so you should do as I say" is akin to me saying I should be able to control what grocery store workers can and can't say."

People can do whatever they want in their free time however I served in the CF and I would have lost my job if I had expressed any political views. Opting out of work was also never an option so lucky you if your boss will let you take a day off to make a statement.

You can't really compare the two, as people in high visibility professions are held to a different standard. If an athlete/actor/politician makes a casually racist statement, they're done for, whereas your average Joe can feel pretty comfortable to do so, sadly. As well, if someone at your or my level were to go out and take a stand, it has significantly less effect, because significantly fewer people know who we are, and therefore are less likely to care.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Depends on Joe Puck's attitude (is he a nice guy about it), but also the cost.

If Bill Ranford contacts me tomorrow, because he wants to get a few hockey cards - I've got some nice ones I'd be happy to give him. He wants the whole collection? I'm not going to try and rob him on the deal.... but I would not trade it all simply for some swag, even if it was really nice swag. It would have to bought from me, at a fair price... based on what I estimate its all worth.

If it was another player that I collected... but the $$$ I had into the collection wasn't nearly as much: Yes, I could be talked into letting it go much cheaper, maybe trade it for something. I don't know.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I could easily see me hooking Josh Gorges up with the world's 2nd best Josh Gorges collection...

Love it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123