Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Lindor traded

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lindor traded

Full trade, per sources:

To Mets: Francisco Lindor and Carlos Carrasco.

To Indians: Amed Rosario, Andrés Giménez, Josh Wolf, Isaiah Greene.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Very interesting

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

nice deal for the metropolitans.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Twitter: @DFWGrapher Instagram:

Solid deal for the Tribe. Dump salary, get a young MLB-ready SS in Gimenez and 2B in Rosario, plus two of the Mets' Top 10 prospects. Carrasco was expendable with the number of young arms in the org. There's no sense in having a 34-year old who has already had one arm surgery plus a cancer scare due to make $12M when you already have four solid young starters (Bieber, Plesac, and Civale will all turn 26 early in the season; Triston McKenzie will turn 24). That fifth starter spot can be filled much cheaper, maybe even from within (Plutko? Quantrill? Allen?). Trade from a position of strength.

And as much as I love Lindor, probably one of my five favorite Indians of all-time, something has been off with him since 2016. He sacrificed his .300 average with 15 HR that year (plus the Platinum Glove) for three 30-HR seasons under .280 and slightly-above-average fielding. He got paid $17.5M this past year to hit .258 and a career-low .750 OPS; and his 8 HR in 60 games translates to about 20 across a full season.

Mets may be the winners in the short run if they can straighten out Lindor and milk a couple seasons out of Carrasco. But in the long run, I like the Tribe's haul.

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Tribe couldn't let him walk, and I think they got a great haul in return.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

scoutng reports indicate, not a bad deal for tribe. Rosario a disappointment in parts of 4 yr w/mets. Other three promising. Gimenez outstanding defender. Wolf and greene, show promise, but a long ways off.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Said to see that Lindor had to be traded but I hope it works out for both teams.

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is probably a deal that works out well for both teams even though I don't think it is a great deal for either team. I always found Lindor vastly overrated and going to the Mets is going to hurt his HR total but what the Mets gave up was basically nothing. The Indians had to get something back for him as he was going to walk so the haul is better than nothing. If Lindor leaves the Mets and signs a big free agent deal with somebody else the deal will look a little worse for the Mets so they will be trying to go for it all this year I guess?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/