Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See number-cruncha's Items on eBay

Question about preorders (from a noobie)

So I'm really anticipating the 20-21 Black Diamond release in the foreseeable future, went on an online expedition to find a pre order for a case or even just a box; SOLD OUT everywhere. Unreal, the market gets dominated by the whales, even heard of breakers ransacking their competition by stacking up the popular preorders and breaking them on their own stream

Anyway, I know there's no way of amending this, money is the only thing that matters to any company, they could care less who or where it's coming from. I do appreciate how some stores (in Edmonton) don't take preorders at all, and limit customers to one case, giving everyone a chance to have some fun too.

A few questions:

• Does Upper Deck release their new products in waves? For example, with UD Series 1, do they only ship a percentage of the product on release date, and save the rest for separate dates?

• Is there any benefit (quality wise) to buying a case early vs a couple months later? (Both hobby boxes)

• Do breakers have priority for pre orders, directly with Upper Deck?

• How can a casual, acquire a case of popular product in which all pre sales are sold out?

Sorry, alot here; thank you for taking the time to read it

Edit: Also noticed there new boxes of 2015-16 UD Series 1 coming out. How is that possible? They're STILL printing that series? Doesn't that devalue the inserts, like McDavid's YG?
    Last edited by numbercruncha; 02-06-2021 at 12:27 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See number-cruncha's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

For the boxes of UD1 15-16, it's probably people who bought a lot of them back in the days and stored them. At the price they are going for now, the temptation is there to sell.

In my opinion, for common collectors, the better way at the moment to get a semi-decent price on a box is to buy on release date.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content