Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

A Few Nice 1950s and 60s Parkhurst and Topps Pick Ups Today!

Today I was out and about in the city and came across a little stash of vintage sports cards in a smaller antique store. I like vintage cards a lot, and a couple of them were in really good condition as well.

The first is a 1962-63 Topps Murray Oliver card. For a nearly 60 year old wirecut card, it is in really good shape, just slightly off-center. I paid $10CDN for it.

The second is a 1962-63 Parkhurst Rookie card of Bob Rousseau. If it weren't for the tape residue, this would be a very high grade example of this card. I paid $25CDN for it.

The next one is a 1954-55 Parkhurst card of Terry Sawchuk and Bernie Geoffrion. It has tape residue on the corners and certainly has the most condition issues of my pickups, however, $10CDN for it was very reasonable.

The last one is a 1960-61 Topps Rookie card of Jack McCartan. It is a card that I definitely "overpaid" for when considering BV, however, it has very little in the way of condition problems, it has decent centering, and would grade pretty well I feel. I happily paid $105CDN for it and you know what, I would do it again.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Amazing quality

SCF Rewards
    Country

Some very nice cards! Always a shame to see the tape people used to use back in the day, but those cards in are nice shape.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I like checking your posts!1 Always some cool stuff!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Nice McCartan. As someone who chased this card for a long time, it is really hard to find in decent condition. Congrats.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Love the old school cards ... they seem like works of art compared to what we see nowadays!

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

I love these! I built the 01-02 and 02-03 Parkhurst Reprints set, and I recognize some designs here. It's a set I truly enjoy looking at. Thank you for sharing!
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I might have a few cards for you from that era of Parkhurst.
    Are you open to trading?