Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

O
    M
    G

So every year I like to buy a box or two of the Jumbo box version of Baseball, but no freaking way... 259 bucks!!!!???? I just can't... I can't justify that. To get 1 lame Auto and maybe a junky Medallion and GU card.... so 40 bucks worth of cards worth 5 dollars or more, and a whole box of commons and junk inserts.

I am not blaming Topps, or blaming the resellers, or hell I don't know what I am complaining about, but I can't justify to myself buying some new Topps at $149 for a small Hobby Box and 259 for a Jumbo when there is no way it is worth that. I am disappointed that these prices are so out of this world. It's better for me to spend the 250 bucks on eBay to get exactly what I want, but I will miss out and it hurts me, to not be able to open packs and get excited about the "possibility" of opening packs.

Man, are you all going to be paying those prices for unopened boxes this year, of the basic Topps flagship product? I am very sad, that this year I may not be able to see myself giving in to these prices, because of the supply and demand.... I guess I am ranting here, lol.

Dave

It's the first sign of the apocalypse. Even the definition of set-building has become unclear. I only collect '19 Heritage so my opinion might be skewed. But if I did the answer would be no. Certainly not for that product.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    CCW (205)
    Country
    Navy
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Iowa Hawkeyes
    See cornstalk1's Items on eBay

I try to buy my son's a box for Xmas and for their birthdays. Last Xmas I ended up getting 2011 Linage just to keep the price affordable. New product is way out of my league now and I agree, I would rather spend the money at a card show or ebay and let them take the hit for the boxes they purchased but I do miss that opening pack excitement.
    Last edited by cornwellfamily; 02-12-2021 at 05:15 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Lions Detroit Pistons Detroit Tigers
    Twitter: @mister715 See mr715's Items on eBay

hahaha shock, that may be the way I get my Topps 2021 this year, good call!
    Hidden Content - Looking for Hidden Content GU/Auto of players in uniform.
    Basketball - B.Wallace Baseball - J.Verlander/M.Cabrera
    Football - B.Sanders/Calvin Johnson/M.Stafford
    Hockey - H.Zetterberg/P.Datsyuk/S.Yzerman/C.Osgood/N.Lidstrom
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants NULL
    See Boinks's Items on eBay

I put a set together almost every year. Also do a lot of trading to finish it. I REFUSE to pay scalper prices for a blaster. $30??? This is NOT the right way to handle the scalpers. I'm just quitting the hobby honestly, the gamblers can have this nonsense.
    [-- 1117 Total -- Hidden Content Cards --]
    Hidden Content , Also collect: NY Yankees, NY Giants, LeBron James, Shaquille O'Neal

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cjo2's Items on eBay

We wish. Based on pull ratio's for blasters, it is tougher now to hit many of the hits. When it takes more packs, that means more packs/blasters are being made.

Look how many of the odds have more than doubled. Then, we can't buy at Walmart or Target because the Excel distributor isn't stocking the shelves with all that they have. A lot of back door selling to big on-line retailers. Just look at Steel City collectibles. We are just days since release and they already have a ton of Gravity, Fat Pack & retail boxes for sale at inflated prices. How do they get these so quickly?

So if there is more product, not less. Maybe if we wait it out, prices will come back down????
    One can always hope.
    Check out my wantlist at Hidden Content
    and my tradelist at Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wal Mart forgot to increase the price of blasters in-store and they're still $19.99, even though they're $29.99 on the website.

I bought two and both of my hits were damaged, sigh.

Baseball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions Detroit Red Wings
    See cramkd117's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Wal Mart forgot to increase the price of blasters in-store and they're still $19.99, even though they're $29.99 on the website.

I bought two and both of my hits were damaged, sigh.

I manage to get a few fat packs, if you need set help pm me

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is this Topps who has jacked up prices or is people buying them up like crazy and marking them up 300 percent?

Took about 2 years away and wow, how it has changed. I wonder if this is like 1989 all over again?

SCF Rewards
    Country

It is outside investors who are driving up the prices of boxes. When the Dow crashed 12,000 points because of Covid, investors looked to other markets to invest in. Even though the world was in a crisis, the card markets remained stable and healthy. This brought in a lot of uneducated investors who promptly bought whatever they could at whatever price. Prices kept going up and these investors bought. Now, 2 years later, you can't buy flagship for $50.00 anymore. It's $150.00 and people are buying them. The other thing that hasn't helped the collector is the increase in Group Case Breakers.
    Please visit my sports card website with over 5,000 cards listed.
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I manage to get a few fat packs, if you need set help pm me

@michigandan do you happen to have 109 and 322?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast