Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Lions Detroit Pistons Detroit Tigers
    Twitter: @mister715 See mr715's Items on eBay

2021 Topps Series 1 Box Prices, WOW

O
    M
    G

So every year I like to buy a box or two of the Jumbo box version of Baseball, but no freaking way... 259 bucks!!!!???? I just can't... I can't justify that. To get 1 lame Auto and maybe a junky Medallion and GU card.... so 40 bucks worth of cards worth 5 dollars or more, and a whole box of commons and junk inserts.

I am not blaming Topps, or blaming the resellers, or hell I don't know what I am complaining about, but I can't justify to myself buying some new Topps at $149 for a small Hobby Box and 259 for a Jumbo when there is no way it is worth that. I am disappointed that these prices are so out of this world. It's better for me to spend the 250 bucks on eBay to get exactly what I want, but I will miss out and it hurts me, to not be able to open packs and get excited about the "possibility" of opening packs.

Man, are you all going to be paying those prices for unopened boxes this year, of the basic Topps flagship product? I am very sad, that this year I may not be able to see myself giving in to these prices, because of the supply and demand.... I guess I am ranting here, lol.

Dave
    Hidden Content - Looking for Hidden Content GU/Auto of players in uniform.
    Basketball - B.Wallace Baseball - J.Verlander/M.Cabrera
    Football - B.Sanders/Calvin Johnson/M.Stafford
    Hockey - H.Zetterberg/P.Datsyuk/S.Yzerman/C.Osgood/N.Lidstrom
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nope, this is what drove me out of buying sealed boxes in 2018. 2019 & 2020, I've only opened Heritage and 2 boxes of Ginter X. Think about it, we were buying 2018 Topps Update for less than $50 a box before all this exploded. There is no value in a $150 hobby box or a $250 jumbo box of flagship 1. Even breaker prices are too high now. Where I use to get in all the time for $20-$25, now team prices in breaks for flagship $40. The hobby is pricing out the lower end of the hobby as far as sealed boxes go.
    Please visit my sports card website with over 5,000 cards listed.
    Hidden Content

Baseball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions Detroit Red Wings
    See cramkd117's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It's no longer a Hobby! All these investors are driving the collectors right of the game. Sad you can't even go to Walmart and pick up a $20 blaster of Topps anymore.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Lions Detroit Pistons Detroit Tigers
    Twitter: @mister715 See mr715's Items on eBay

Ya, even my Walmart or Target days are gone trying to pickup a box or 2 on my trips to the store. Either they are gone in mins of the shelves being stocked, or I say the price of them at 39.99 now, where just last year they were 19.99, and a GU or Medallion in them. This is a bummer, boo. I am not a cheapskate, but a 100% rise in prices for the EXACT same set of cards, and I am 99.9% sure the print run on these Topps cards are the same as last year. So no way they are more "scarce" in the production run, just scarce in their availability.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sivers's Items on eBay

I bought a jumbo box. Wasn't worth the price.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shockwiresports's Items on eBay

Hey Everyone, it is nice to read this thread and experience in buying hobby boxes or retail packs or whatever else.

My quick idea with respect to Topps Series 1 and Series 2 is that I believe the complete set comes out in the fall and is priced a lot less (search 2020 Topps Complete set and I’m sure it will be a lower price)

Not as fun as opening packs or boxes, but buying only the complete set is an option

Baseball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions Detroit Red Wings
    See cramkd117's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I did manage to find some fat packs today of Topps 2021, just bought a few to open.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hitman73's Items on eBay

I bought a hobby box at $139 just to open. Overpriced? You bet,but the collector in me always wants to bust a box of Topps when they first come out.

I just bought into a 10 case player break for less than 1/2 that price. Should be interesting to see how many Pujols cards can come out of that much product. Maybe I'll get lucky and hit some low #ed parallels,plus I happen to like the look of the fake relics this year.
    Hidden Content

Use the drop-down menu on the top right for tradepages

SCF Rewards
    Country

and I am 99.9% sure the print run on these Topps cards are the same as last year. .

We wish. Based on pull ratio's for blasters, it is tougher now to hit many of the hits. When it takes more packs, that means more packs/blasters are being made.

Look how many of the odds have more than doubled. Then, we can't buy at Walmart or Target because the Excel distributor isn't stocking the shelves with all that they have. A lot of back door selling to big on-line retailers. Just look at Steel City collectibles. We are just days since release and they already have a ton of Gravity, Fat Pack & retail boxes for sale at inflated prices. How do they get these so quickly?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

Way too expensive. Will see if anything shows up at Walmart eventually.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast