Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pro Set Coming Back

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question Pro Set Coming Back

Suppose to be a big announcement about it on Friday....
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

Is this true? I remember those old sets!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shockwiresports's Items on eBay

Oh!

Is this going to be licensed? Or doing football without a license? Or is this being produced somehow within the Panini company?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings San Francisco 49ers Milwaukee Bucks

That would be awesome! I hope its not by Panini. (I just want some other card set thats not Panini)

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

The license for Pro Set was cancelled back on July 9th, 1996. You can go to http://tmsearch.uspto.gov and do a Browse Dictionary search for Serial Number 73794615 or better the Registration Number 1574891.

That means it's no longer trademarked and anyone can use it. It's not NFL licensed meaning this will fall into the Leaf category of unlicensed cards. Doesn't mean there isn't fun value to be had, but as long as Panini controls the NFL/NFLPA licensing along with college licensing, this new Pro Set is left with the remains.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The license for Pro Set was cancelled back on July 9th, 1996. You can go to http://tmsearch.uspto.gov and do a Browse Dictionary search for Serial Number 73794615 or better the Registration Number 1574891.

That means it's no longer trademarked and anyone can use it. It's not NFL licensed meaning this will fall into the Leaf category of unlicensed cards. Doesn't mean there isn't fun value to be had, but as long as Panini controls the NFL/NFLPA licensing along with college licensing, this new Pro Set is left with the remains.

I'll take a new company making unlicensed cards over Panini ruining another IP any day of the week. If this hobby is truly expanding we would be seeing more people trying to start companies or bringing back old companies. So hopefully that is it instead of Panini, Leaf or Sage just using the old Pro Set designs.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'll take a new company making unlicensed cards over Panini ruining another IP any day of the week. If this hobby is truly expanding we would be seeing more people trying to start companies or bringing back old companies. So hopefully that is it instead of Panini, Leaf or Sage just using the old Pro Set designs.

I'm definitely tired of Panini's monopoly too but the NFL/NFLPA is largely culpable in that. They wanted to go with a single supplier and Panini made the best offer. Here's hoping these Pro Set cards can earn their keep as a predraft product!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings San Francisco 49ers Milwaukee Bucks

This is going to exiciting if this is true! I am getting sickof Panini so this should be pretty fun! I will be waiting for the news on friday!

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

If there aren't errors or wacky variations then I'm out!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Very interesting for sure

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast