Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question The NBA to expand with 2 more teams?

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/01/...sion-team.html

Seattle is considered a lock whenever the NBA decides to expand, and Kansas City and Las Vegas could be fighting for the other new franchise, according to Jabari Young of CNBC. Young breaks down the assets that each city could offer and notes that finding billionaires to finance the bids will be crucial.

Commissioner Adam Silver discussed the possibility of expansion at a press conference in December, but said it’s “not on the front burner.” The NBA isn’t expected to consider adding teams until after the 2021/22 season at the earliest.

Former Grizzlies president Andy Dolich, who helped move the team from Vancouver to Memphis, believes the league will try to create a “horse race” among cities leading up to expansion. He says the components the NBA is looking for can be described as A-B-C-D.

“The A is avidity: the market you’re picking has to be an avid sports market,” Dolich said. “The B is simple: Who is your billionaire? If you don’t have your billionaire, you don’t have anything. The C is the community: the elected officials, the leading businesses who are going to support you and the fan base. The D (destination) is where are you playing? The NBA is not playing in yesterday’s arena. Those are the four key parts.”

As the former home of the Kings, Kansas City already has an NBA history, Young notes, and Mayor Quinton Lucas gained the league’s attention when he offered to serve as a temporary location for the Raptors. The 19,000-seat T-Mobile Center is already in place to house an expansion franchise, but there’s no obvious person to bid for the team.

Which 2 cities would you pick for new NBA franchises if this were to happen?
    *New* Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

I live in MO and have always considered OKC my team. If Kansas City got a team, they'd kind of have to become my primary one. But I have been such a dedicated OKC fan since 2008...man. It would feel wrong to give primary loyalty to another team. So I want the NBA to give it to Vegas so I don't have to go through that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See leong1's Items on eBay

Cool! Let's do it! The more teams...the better. IMHO

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shockwiresports's Items on eBay

It would be nice to see Seattle and Vegas get franchises but perhaps they are wanting to balance adding one team from the west and one from the east

SCF Rewards
    Country

It would be nice to see Seattle and Vegas get franchises but perhaps they are wanting to balance adding one team from the west and one from the east

For what I gather if they go with 2 takes and they are both out West which would be highly likely they would just move the Grizzlies over to the Eastern Conference