Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

SCF Rewards
    Country

You're an adult, they're your cards and you are free to do with them what you like - at least depending on which state you reside in?

Having/providing a different opinion than your own, doesn't make one person right and the other wrong.

Well, actually it now does - depending on where you live.

No matter what you do with your cards - they are still just pieces of cardboard.

Oh dear, it looks like another Beta-male became triggered and mistakenly posted to the SCF Hockey section (and to this thread), instead of to their I-Hate-My-Country Facebook group.

On the positive side of things, at least the six-hours that they spent typing their post kept them away from their local elementary schools and playgrounds and thus, they continue to adhere to the court orders against them.

While we can agree to disagree on cutting/not-cutting cards Mr. Savard, your thread has acted like a "community service" and has helped protect children in the angry beta-male's community.

For that alone, this thread has been a positive.

Best regards and happy cutting.

Well, if it matters the only cards I have ever cut from a "sheet" were those 81/82 OPC, and the only reason for that was because the full sheet had obviously already been cut, the 4 card panels from the sheet were already beat up and I really wanted to salvage the Bourque, Messier, Moog RC and Stastny In Action RC.. I mean that is really the first time I have ever cut cards from a sheet. Obviously I have cut Topps/OPC box bottoms and such, and other cards that were intended to be cut.

But like I pointed out in a previous post, my intention was really to get those panels framed and hang them in my "card room" with other hockey related memorabilia and items, I thought the panels would fit in quite well but they were just too beat for me and they didn't look right, but obviously the panels had some excellent cards and key cards of the 81/82 OPC set on them (which is another reason why I purchased the panels) so instead of just pulling them off my wall and putting them in the closet - I figured I would chop the key cards out and add them to the PC where I could enjoy them. I mean I already had the cards anyway but there is no such thing as too many 2nd year Bourque's or Messier's or Moog or Stastny RC's... Actually the only card I didn't have outside of my set as a single was the Stastny In Action - so heck, why not?.. I won the panels on eBay for essentially "pocket change" - I think it was only a couple of bucks + a couple of bucks shipping for the lot of 3 or 4 of the panels, and you cant get an OPC Messier, Bourque 2nd yr or Moog RC alone for less than $4 bucks USD shipped, so it was a good deal.

If it matters, I really love uncut sheets and have several and I enjoy framing them and hanging them up because I think they look really nice hanging on the wall of my card room - it adds to the hockey theme of my card room, so I'm not a "fan" by any means of cutting up sheets because sheets look fantastic on their own, but if collectors do cut sheets I could care less - my position is merely "meh" on the idea, nor would I have any scruples in buying a card a knew was cut from a sheet as long as it's authentic and meets the required dimensions of the cards of that particular set - to me it's an authentic card that was cut by unconventional means - that's about it, and chances are it will only be a matter of time before I recognize which card was the one cut from the sheet when I have 10-20 of some of these cards, well unless I mark it which is something I wouldn't do..

I'm just shocked how this thread exploded with a variety of opinions on this issue, and I'm a little bit surprised that some actually do care if a card was manually cut from a sheet even if the dimensions of the card were spot-on compared to other cards of the set - I mean obviously everyone is entitled to their opinions and feelings on this issue, and I do understand that some collectors have an issue with dealers or whomever buying uncut sheets looking to cut cards so they can get PSA 10's... But realistically how many affordable uncut sheets are out there that feature uncut cards that regularly sell for 3 or 4 figures in a PSA 10? not many, let alone you have to remember that the few that are involved in this practice only have one shot at getting the cut right, otherwise they're out of pocket for the most part depending on the player/year/sheet/set etc - so from their perspective there is plenty of risk there - not that those opposed to cutting sheets should consider that - I'm just pointing that out...

But like I pointed out in a previous post - what about box bottoms? is it appropriate to cut box bottoms, or should they be kept in panels?

And here is another cut relating factor - how about cards that were cut bad in the first place? I'm sure we've all have cards - usually commons - where were cut "too big" and you can clearly feel and see the top of that one card sticking out of the top of the stack. Would cutting that card down to normal size/dimensions be considered "trimming" or "alternating" that card - even since the card company or printing company responsible for cutting the card didn't get the dimensions correct in the first place?

Also, if it matters, I usually cut the advertisement or promotional card (if there is one) that most older wax boxes have displayed on the "pop up" top out of the box and add them to my PC, regardless of size lol.. Why not? and I also cut the brand name - for example I just cut the 20/21 MVP off the box and now I'm going to paste that to my binder (I try to keep most of my sets in binders)... IMO, it just looks nice, and makes finding the set easy to find instead of just a bunch of illegible unprofessional looking handwriting written in black sharpie or whatever I have at the time to mark the binder..

In speaking of "cutting" sports related items, I also cut up old Becketts too because they have some really nice artwork and photography, so I will cut some issues and get whatever photos or artwork that catches my eye framed and hang it in my hockey card room, lol.. Why not? some of the artwork and photography in Beckett is fantastic - despite Beckett being a dishonest publication they still publish interesting articles and include amazing photography and artwork.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You're an adult, they're your cards and you are free to do with them what you like - at least depending on which state you reside in?

Having/providing a different opinion than your own, doesn't make one person right and the other wrong.

Well, actually it now does - depending on where you live.

No matter what you do with your cards - they are still just pieces of cardboard.

Oh dear, it looks like another Beta-male became triggered and mistakenly posted to the SCF Hockey section (and to this thread), instead of to their I-Hate-My-Country Facebook group.

On the positive side of things, at least the six-hours that they spent typing their post kept them away from their local elementary schools and playgrounds and thus, they continue to adhere to the court orders against them.

While we can agree to disagree on cutting/not-cutting cards Mr. Savard, your thread has acted like a "community service" and has helped protect children in the angry beta-male's community.

For that alone, this thread has been a positive.

Best regards and happy cutting.

You must be popular with... probably nobody

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

And we are done.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234