Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Packs to buy

SCF Rewards
    Country

Packs to buy

Not sure where to post this but me an my two brothers are looking to get into the football card game. Like many I was a card collector in the 80s and 90s with tons of cards still in my basement. But I want to also start getting into modern day football cards. Any suggestions on packs/boxes that have a better pull outcome then others? Anu suggestions would be awesome thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not sure where to post this but me an my two brothers are looking to get into the football card game. Like many I was a card collector in the 80s and 90s with tons of cards still in my basement. But I want to also start getting into modern day football cards. Any suggestions on packs/boxes that have a better pull outcome then others? Anu suggestions would be awesome thanks

Sending you a message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings San Francisco 49ers Milwaukee Bucks

If you are talking about retail cards, I like to buy Donruss and Prestige. But other popular brands are Prizm, Donruss Optic, and Mosaic. I doubt you will be able to find Football cards in store though. People are buying them up and re-selling them for prices way higher then they should be.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you for the information. Any option on the Donruss Optic and Prizm that Walmarts have? Are they less likely to have good pulls?

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Depends on what you mean by good pulls. If you are chasing cards that have good resale or investment value, sure Optic and Prizm have good cards but long odds on getting them due to checklist sizes and exclusives in more expensive SKUs. If you are chasing autographs you'll want to find a mega box or buy a hobby box that has guaranteed hits.

If you guys are collecting as a hobby, then I'd say pick the designs you like best and buy what you like. Or get singles off of ebay, comc, sportlots, etc.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ya I guess I am looking for autos and patches. Any opinions on Walmart boxes

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Ya I guess I am looking for autos and patches. Any opinions on Walmart boxes

What kind of Walmart boxes? Mega boxes of any brand will yield the most guaranteed hits. Packs usually don't and blasters will advertise one way or another.