Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Misogyny, racism and bullying prevalent across Canadian youth hockey, survey finds

56% of youth hockey players and coaches say disrespect to women is a problem in Canada’s sport

More than half of youth hockey players and coaches say disrespect to women is a problem in Canada’s sport, according to a survey released Wednesday.

This sentiment increases to 63 per cent among those who have spent time around the game cheering on a close friend, family member or partner.

Angus Reid Institue polled more than 1,600 people and 400 had first-hand experience as a player, coach, team manager or referee.

Findings indicate a culture of racism, misogyny and bullying has gripped the game – 64 per cent of people involved said players are known to bully kids outside of the rink.
    https://www.campbellrivermirror.com/...-survey-finds/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not surprising, as it is similar outside of youth hockey as well

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not surprising, as it is similar outside of youth hockey as well

No, sorry.. Just no...

I don't know why the hobby boards must be infected and dragged into these insane social ideas - if I wanted to hear this type of virtue signaling and irrational perception I would watch CNN or read "Think Progress".. I come SCF and other card and sports forums to talk hockey and talk hockey and other sports cards - not to discuss social issues and the politics involved. There are plenty of places and forums to discuss these issues and it shouldn't be here. "Normal people" that aren't filled with hate take up hobbies and seek out those that share their personal interests to escape from this political race-based nonsense and then it gets ruined by this "subjective delusion" some live in based purely on what they read and hear and NOT on their real life experiences but they feel obligated to promote it anyway..

Look, I'm not saying someone shouldn't be allowed to share an article - regardless how insane it is - I'm just saying it's out of place and that all responses and positions should be considered and respected.

Now, based on my experiences - the only racism that is open and prevalent is racism against "white people". And look, it's really unfortunate that I even have to point this out - because it shouldn't even matter - and if I didn't I would be labeled with nonsense but I'm a very-a very-very dark/olive Sicilian (especially in the summer, lol) from Chicago, and everyone that doesn't know me on a personal level presume I'm Hispanic or that I'm some sort of "ethnic minority" that they cant put a finger on, lol (not that my skin tone even matters or should matter to have an opinion and share it). I mean it's not uncommon for Hispanics to come up to me and start speaking Spanish or want me to translate from Spanish to English for them if I'm at a store and they cant speak English, lol. It happens quite a bit and It's very common where I live for that to happen. I do and can speak Spanish tho considering I grew up in a neighborhood that was predominately Latino and currently live in one so I don't and cant blame anyone for making that assumption and it doesn't bother me at all and NO I don't blame it on racism - I mean I would probably make the same innocent assumption too. Anyway I'm also 40-years-old so it's not like I'm wet behind the ears, so I have the lived experience to have a valid opinion. So with that said my opinion on race and racism shouldn't be predicated based on the fact I'm brown - my skin color shouldn't even matter, but unfortunately I have to point out the fact I'm brown before I can get into my substance and argument before I get the whole "you don't even know what it's like to not be white" comments, because yes - yes I absolutely do know what it's like being perceived as "not white".... So now, with that said:

This "racism" crap is a delusion that has been exacerbated and brainwashed into many blank and simple minds. Sorry, but in my 40 years on this Earth all of which spent here in the Chicagoland area - I have NEVER experienced or have seen an actual act of racism - never - nor have I ever met or perceived a casual encounter with someone as racist, besides - why the hell would a racist even live in a highly populated area like the Chicagoland area? I mean white people are the minority in the City Proper and it's pretty much 50/50 outside of the areas where the rich white people have their ivory towers whom scream racism the most.... Right, these alleged "anti-minority racists" don't live in urban or suburban areas presumably considering I have never seen a KKK robe in my life, yet all of these claims of "racism" come from these cities and their metro areas?? what a bunch of nonsense.... So since racism in it's traditional definition doesn't exist on any meaningful level - obviously the definition of racism had to be redefined - I mean no longer was racism defined as an individual whom believes their race is superior to another or all others no, since actual racism is dead "they" (use your imagination on who "they" are without assuming race) had to keep it alive somehow and now racism is defined subjectively in their truth - rather than the truth - so if you believe a situation is racist then it must be because you can never be wrong in this subjective delusion you created for yourself, so your feelings and interpretation - regardless of the lack of information you have on a situation - are reality to you, never mind the facts of a particular situation which clearly prove otherwise based on the objective truth and reality...

Look, I'm getting really sick of everything being blamed on racism. Just because some human is challenged and the challenged happens to be a minority and the challenger happens to be white doesn't mean race has anything to do with it - the same crap happens in reverse all the time but it's ignored and the only time it is recognized it's only when the real racists come out and attack the race of minorities and use racially charged language against them and their race whom don't share their political views.

Whatever, none of this matters and nothing I say matters because if someone believes in this whole SJW insane narrative that "all white people are racist for merely existing" - then they're not going to listen to reason or objective truth that proves they're wrong because they went all in long ago and all they can do is double down on their hand...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

For a guy who didn't want to get into it, you sure got into it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Look, doesn't it bother self proclaimed "progressives" that they clearly view society as the oppressed vs the oppressor and you base this on race? yet then they deny they're racists themselves for judging based on race?

Excuse me for treating everyone the same and not judging them based on their race and assuming some are oppress purely because they're not white.... I'm sick of the racism lie and it's destroying our society.

I see it and that's why I get so upset..

SCF Rewards
    Country

For a guy who didn't want to get into it, you sure got into it.

Well, I had to despite how cringe worthy it is... If good people don't speak up we're no better than those portraying this insanity...

So I reluctantly had to say something..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

No you didn't.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Of course I did, you just cant acknowledge it because it would be breaking the rules and it would make you a heretic, lol..

If I said nothing then challenge it...

I mean you only admitted I "got into it" where was I wrong?
    Last edited by Savard18; 05-09-2021 at 09:12 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings
    See vsarmy's Items on eBay

Hope you don't get silenced Savard seems to be what happens to any of as of late who don't agree with what the Media says its their way or the highway

SCF Rewards
    Country

No, sorry.. Just no...

I don't know why the hobby boards must be infected and dragged into these insane social ideas - if I wanted to hear this type of virtue signaling and irrational perception I would watch CNN or read "Think Progress".. I come SCF and other card and sports forums to talk hockey and talk hockey and other sports cards - not to discuss social issues and the politics involved. There are plenty of places and forums to discuss these issues and it shouldn't be here. "Normal people" that aren't filled with hate take up hobbies and seek out those that share their personal interests to escape from this political race-based nonsense and then it gets ruined by this "subjective delusion" some live in based purely on what they read and hear and NOT on their real life experiences but they feel obligated to promote it anyway..

Look, I'm not saying someone shouldn't be allowed to share an article - regardless how insane it is - I'm just saying it's out of place and that all responses and positions should be considered and respected.

Now, based on my experiences - the only racism that is open and prevalent is racism against "white people". And look, it's really unfortunate that I even have to point this out - because it shouldn't even matter - and if I didn't I would be labeled with nonsense but I'm a very-a very-very dark/olive Sicilian (especially in the summer, lol) from Chicago, and everyone that doesn't know me on a personal level presume I'm Hispanic or that I'm some sort of "ethnic minority" that they cant put a finger on, lol (not that my skin tone even matters or should matter to have an opinion and share it). I mean it's not uncommon for Hispanics to come up to me and start speaking Spanish or want me to translate from Spanish to English for them if I'm at a store and they cant speak English, lol. It happens quite a bit and It's very common where I live for that to happen. I do and can speak Spanish tho considering I grew up in a neighborhood that was predominately Latino and currently live in one so I don't and cant blame anyone for making that assumption and it doesn't bother me at all and NO I don't blame it on racism - I mean I would probably make the same innocent assumption too. Anyway I'm also 40-years-old so it's not like I'm wet behind the ears, so I have the lived experience to have a valid opinion. So with that said my opinion on race and racism shouldn't be predicated based on the fact I'm brown - my skin color shouldn't even matter, but unfortunately I have to point out the fact I'm brown before I can get into my substance and argument before I get the whole "you don't even know what it's like to not be white" comments, because yes - yes I absolutely do know what it's like being perceived as "not white".... So now, with that said:

This "racism" crap is a delusion that has been exacerbated and brainwashed into many blank and simple minds. Sorry, but in my 40 years on this Earth all of which spent here in the Chicagoland area - I have NEVER experienced or have seen an actual act of racism - never - nor have I ever met or perceived a casual encounter with someone as racist, besides - why the hell would a racist even live in a highly populated area like the Chicagoland area? I mean white people are the minority in the City Proper and it's pretty much 50/50 outside of the areas where the rich white people have their ivory towers whom scream racism the most.... Right, these alleged "anti-minority racists" don't live in urban or suburban areas presumably considering I have never seen a KKK robe in my life, yet all of these claims of "racism" come from these cities and their metro areas?? what a bunch of nonsense.... So since racism in it's traditional definition doesn't exist on any meaningful level - obviously the definition of racism had to be redefined - I mean no longer was racism defined as an individual whom believes their race is superior to another or all others no, since actual racism is dead "they" (use your imagination on who "they" are without assuming race) had to keep it alive somehow and now racism is defined subjectively in their truth - rather than the truth - so if you believe a situation is racist then it must be because you can never be wrong in this subjective delusion you created for yourself, so your feelings and interpretation - regardless of the lack of information you have on a situation - are reality to you, never mind the facts of a particular situation which clearly prove otherwise based on the objective truth and reality...

Look, I'm getting really sick of everything being blamed on racism. Just because some human is challenged and the challenged happens to be a minority and the challenger happens to be white doesn't mean race has anything to do with it - the same crap happens in reverse all the time but it's ignored and the only time it is recognized it's only when the real racists come out and attack the race of minorities and use racially charged language against them and their race whom don't share their political views.

Whatever, none of this matters and nothing I say matters because if someone believes in this whole SJW insane narrative that "all white people are racist for merely existing" - then they're not going to listen to reason or objective truth that proves they're wrong because they went all in long ago and all they can do is double down on their hand...

For your first point, well, you clicked on the post and the article, knowing full well what was going to be in there. And you're upset that you had to read it? There's no logic there.

For the other stuff, it's just a garbled mess of nonsense. You haven't seen racism, so therefore it doesn't exist, right? Thank you for enlightening all of us.

I'll go let my Arab friend know that when we got attacked by a group of guys shouting white supremacist stuff and having fully visible Nazi tattoos, that his memory of that is actually just a whole bunch of SJW nonsense and virtue signaling.

Perhaps, even, I could reach up and feel the scar that runs down from behind my ear and over my neck, just narrowly missing an important artery, from when I was stabbed several times for being white in a non-white area. And as I feel the scar, and the other scars from where I was stabbed in the head as well, fortunately I can remind myself that racism isn't real because some dummy from Chicago doesn't want to read about it on a card forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast