Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

LF info on 1997-98 Pinnacle Masks Die Cut UNCUT!

So this seems to be extreme rare cards. I think many doesn't know they exist. They're not listed anywhere and the Internet has almost ZERO info on them. My guess is this is an unauthorized set. Probably just Masks Die Cut cards that for some reason were never cut and then leaked out the back door when Pinnacle went bankruptcy. Nevertheless a cool oddball for player collectors. Have no idea how many copies there could be or if there even exist at least one copy of all 10 masks cards. Have just seen one Joseph and one Brodeur during the years. Would really like to hear if anyone has more info to add on this or show a copy of one of them. And of course if someone sits on a Joseph I'm very interested!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I don't have any info on these but they could have been a mistakenly released error card. A "miscut" that wasn't actually cut at all. Very cool! I really enjoy seeing oddball cards like this and how they came to be. Thanks for the post.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

New Member Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See manthis02's Items on eBay

are those the cards
    that were found

inside the can??
    my new flicker

Hidden Content

- ( IN ROCK WE TRUST )= (ITS ROCK or BUST)-

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (24)
    Country
    See szczurs's Items on eBay

I have yet to throw-out my 10th edition“The Charlton Standard Catalogue of Hockey Cards.” Printed in 2000 -- it states that the Mask insert set was issued in both regular (uncut) and die-cut versions. So they were intended to b included in packs, but NO mention of print run.
    Looking for Washington Caps. Wantlist/Tradelist @ Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't have any info on these but they could have been a mistakenly released error card. A "miscut" that wasn't actually cut at all. Very cool! I really enjoy seeing oddball cards like this and how they came to be. Thanks for the post.

That's a possibility. They could have been undetected error cards that was actually pack inserted and distributed that way.

are those the cards
    that were found

inside the can??

No I don't believe so. Maybe this thread is more related on that topic.
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...ir-ever-pulled

I have yet to throw-out my 10th edition“The Charlton Standard Catalogue of Hockey Cards.” Printed in 2000 -- it states that the Mask insert set was issued in both regular (uncut) and die-cut versions. So they were intended to b included in packs, but NO mention of print run.

Interesting. Is it possible to have a scan of this statement? I think there might be a possibility they're referring to two of the common variations of the Mask set. The standard mask set and the die cut version. If there were a referring to the cards I pictured in the thread it would probably be called "Mask Die Cuts Uncut" cards, just like the 95-96 Donruss Elite parallel is always referred as "95-96 Donruss Elite Die Cuts Uncut". But I would be happy to look for myself if it's possibly to see a scan/pic.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Also, for knowledge. The Mask Jumbo card variation from this set is also called "Uncut" on the wrapping (see pic). They're not relevant for the topic.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

I believe the regular (non-diecut) were foil all the way to the top. Keep in mind that Pinnacle went bankrupt around this time frame. There is the possibility that replacement stock somehow started circulating at that time. My guess is that these were not die-cut until they were needed.