Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Less than 24 hours remain. Pretty quiet, not much emanating from the upper echelons of the Bell Centre in terms of rumblings.

I think the Habs are going to take the draft picks.

I don’t think anybody was ever going to know if they would match or take the picks until the very last moment as it tied up Carolina’s money for a whole week.

The only scenario where we would of heard was if they had a trade agreement involving the picks.

I agree with you that I think they are going to take the picks, but I don’t know if they are going to make a deal using the picks before the season begins because of their cap issues even considering the LTIR space they are gaining.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I don’t think anybody was ever going to know if they would match or take the picks until the very last moment as it tied up Carolina’s money for a whole week.

The only scenario where we would of heard was if they had a trade agreement involving the picks.

I agree with you that I think they are going to take the picks, but I don’t know if they are going to make a deal using the picks before the season begins because of their cap issues even considering the LTIR space they are gaining.

This is the final year of Bergevin's contract. Unless he's planning to move on, I don't see him messing around like that. He's going to want to get the best possible roster in place day one. That means matching or trading for a 2C. Again, I leave this open to me being wrong yet again.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Notre Dame Fighting Irish San Francisco Giants
    COMC Cards For Sale

O don't know why the canes didn't wait for next year and go after Suzuki. Much better player for Montreal and if your after spite, that wound hurts alot more. Always run the chance he resigns before though. Now they are stuck with someone for 2 yrs at 12 million if you include resigning him after the 1 yr
    always looking for
    John Gibson
    jamie drysdale
    Devon levi
    Yarasov askarov

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

In the end Montreal did the right thing. Always tough to lose a young player with lots of promise however you cannot always pay for what might be. KK may develop into a 6 mil+ player but he's nowhere near that at the moment. Hopefully Bergevin can package the picks to upgrade the roster.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Seems like a disaster.
    At least they hit a home run with this year's first rd pick...
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

That’s how you salvage the situation!

Habs have acquired Christian Dvorak from the Coyotes in exchange for next year’s first (better of theirs or Carolina’s pick, but lottery protected) and a 2nd in 2024. Good player with solid term and AAV. I have heard rumblings on this one for a while; Habs were clearly not comfortable with the idea of KK as 2C. Now they’ve got a replacement.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

O don't know why the canes didn't wait for next year and go after Suzuki. Much better player for Montreal and if your after spite, that wound hurts alot more. Always run the chance he resigns before though. Now they are stuck with someone for 2 yrs at 12 million if you include resigning him after the 1 yr

I suspect that they’re going to lock up Suzuki to an extension ASAP to avoid this scenario replaying itself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123