Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Cardscore ???

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees
    See mrrosado's Items on eBay

Cardscore ???

Has anybody used the cardscore graded cards? I like that you get to hold your cards. I don't know if they have any resale value. The device to submit cards costs $100. The scanner that I need is about $250 new and $150 used. So I'm looking at $250 for equipment and then $16 a card for grading and I think the entry level is just too high unless I can flip some cards once graded. I've graded for them but never tried their service. Please tag me @mrrosado so that I can see you replied. Thanks.
    my for trade website can be seen here: Hidden Content
    My for sale on eBay:Hidden Content

Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy
    Atlanta Braves Tennessee Volunteers Tennessee Titans

@mrrosado I think its odd and will never catch on.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees

@steve_morgan I got the scanner for sale on ebay and I got a discount on the scanner so I bought one. I hope it catches on but so far I see people use it before they send to psa.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@steve_morgan I got the scanner for sale on ebay and I got a discount on the scanner so I bought one. I hope it catches on but so far I see people use it before they send to psa.

how do the folks do when grading cards then submitting to PSA. If they are doing good it should catch on for that purpose.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Alabama Crimson Tide Cleveland Indians

I’m a little skeptical because you may have to spend $250-$350 upfront to get started. I’ve also read that they are hiring people to grade these cards. How good are the new hires compared to the established grading companies.

The only positive I see is that you may get an idea from Cardscore if it’s worth sending to PSA or not at a much higher submission rate. Also what if you get a 9.5 or better from Cardscore and you use that as a basis to submit your card to one of the established grading companies and it comes back less than you anticipate then you are out a lot of money.

Grading is difficult in my opinion because everyone is human and may not look at the card the same way that you would or another company.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees

so far I'm happy with the service. As a scorer (grader) I made about $6. I submitted one card and it got a 95. I did buy two cards on eBay. One I think deserved the grade. The other not so much. The point brought up by @donsanford is a good one. If you don't get the grade back you are out a lot of money. I like using their digital service. $10 and I get a quick grade. I can skip the case and the label. The scanner is awesome for scanning cards and posting them on my trading website so that makes me feel better about buying the scanner itself. I'm a fan. I think its best if their was a card shop near you with one so that you could save the cost of the scanner. I'm a happy customer and scorer. I graded one really nice card and I do hope to flip it for more than the $25 I have in between buying the card and getting it graded. I am sending a nice aaron judge rc I will try to flip it. If they don't sell I'm happy to keep these cards in my pc and have them graded by 50 people :0). I prefer this to waiting forever for PSA or someone else.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees

@doniceage I have not seen anyone actually get a card back from PSA and I'm for sure not submitting to PSA. I don't like the cost nor the wait. If someone wants to test them on this and they want to come to NYC, I can let them use my scanner and computer.