Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oklahoma Sooners

Honestly since it was the NBA guys and NBA media that voted for this list and they were so dead silent on the Dwight Howard and transsexual prostitute story that was all over the internet I'm going to say that the off the field stuff hindered Howard here. He's basically become the black sheep of the NBA since then and you could honestly make the case that Howard should be on the list easily over 2 or 3 of the modern guys if you are basing it on what they have accomplished so far.

I could see that. He also made a fool of himself the first time he went to the Lakers. Funny that type of thing hasn’t affected a Charles Barkley as much, but maybe he’s already immortal.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

I could see that. He also made a fool of himself the first time he went to the Lakers. Funny that type of thing hasn’t affected a Charles Barkley as much, but maybe he’s already immortal.

Howard and Barkley aren't really comparable. Barkley was an absolute beast in the early 1990s and one of the top five players in the NBA during that stretch, particularly 1992-1993. He led the legendary 1992 Dream Team in scoring, was the 1992-93 NBA MVP, and his Suns team took prime Michael Jordan Bulls to six games in the NBA Finals that year, with both teams actually tying themselves in total points (it was that close of a series). I don't remember anyone disputing his Top 50 status in 1996, and I'm not surprised in the least he made the top 75 this time, either.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oklahoma Sooners

Howard and Barkley aren't really comparable. Barkley was an absolute beast in the early 1990s and one of the top five players in the NBA during that stretch, particularly 1992-1993. He led the legendary 1992 Dream Team in scoring, was the 1992-93 NBA MVP, and his Suns team took prime Michael Jordan Bulls to six games in the NBA Finals that year, with both teams actually tying themselves in total points (it was that close of a series). I don't remember anyone disputing his Top 50 status in 1996, and I'm not surprised in the least he made the top 75 this time, either.

I’m not arguing against Barkley at all, BUT they seem pretty comparable to someone who wasn’t watching prime Barkley.
    The core was Dwight, Rashard Lewis, and Hedo. Not sure either one of the others made it through their next contract.

Dwight was the best big man in the league for more than one year. Maybe Tim Duncan was close.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Suns

I’m a Damian Lillard fan but no way should he be on this list. I also agree with what other have said, no Carmelo or AD either. Russ is questionable but probably getting the nod for all the triple doubles but I still don’t think that’s enough to make this kind of list. Dwight is a legit snub although since his days in Orlando he has been a little forgettable on the court and getting all the wrong publicity off the court.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

I'm seeing some criticism of Westbrook's inclusion on some other online forums as well, but no one since Oscar Robertson had averaged a triple double for an entire season before, and every other season MVP in league history made the list except for Derrick Rose, who had a career altering injury when he was very young that kept him from the longevity of other MVPs. So it makes sense for Westbrook to be on here even though I know his style of play is divisive.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm seeing some criticism of Westbrook's inclusion on some other online forums as well, but no one since Oscar Robertson had averaged a triple double for an entire season before, and every other season MVP in league history made the list except for Derrick Rose, who had a career altering injury when he was very young that kept him from the longevity of other MVPs. So it makes sense for Westbrook to be on here even though I know his style of play is divisive.

I like how this was a darn big thing before Westbrook did it and now the triple double is basically a joke in the fan's mind now. The only thing you ever heard that made Oscar Robertson so great and mythical was not only that he put up triple doubles like a machine but that he averaged a whole season doing it. It was a stat that made you go WOW.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See vivchuleta's Items on eBay

Kemp ? not rated ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12