Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Thread: Maple Leafs

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Only guy on the yotes that interests me is Soderstrom bc I have his spx rookie auto lol.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I don't get the big fuss about the recent 2-1 loss to the Yotes. I mean, yeah, Arizona is a bad team, but the Leafs threw everything they had at the goalie and he stood on his head. That's hockey sometimes - Good for the kid.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, i hear you. Its 1 game & its like the end of the world. I left a pile of Leafs sites on FaceBook yesterday because it was getting out of control. Guys talking about us not making it past the 1st round again & all kinds of nonsense & its not even half way through the season yet!! People need to chill out!!

I don't get the big fuss about the recent 2-1 loss to the Yotes. I mean, yeah, Arizona is a bad team, but the Leafs threw everything they had at the goalie and he stood on his head. That's hockey sometimes - Good for the kid.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Anyone see that we have a New Worst team in the League? LMAO, can you guess who it is? Who could possibly Suck worse than Phoenix this year?
    Your welcome Phoenix, it was all part of the Leafs Master Plan lol...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Jameslacarte.. c'mon man. Lot's of bashing that's not necessary. I for one am elated that Montreal sucks so bad this year as I hate them more than any single team in the NHL. Boston are a close 2nd.

What are you going to do if Toronto gets knocked out first round? I know what the Toronto Sun cover page will look like... it will look like last year but an added inset of a picture of ANOTHER loss.

Hope it doesn't happen but Montreal went to the cup last year (which was a joke) so anything is possible.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

If the Leafs lose in the 1st round again this year it is what it is. The Habs fans made sure they rubbed it in last year so i am basically doing what they do, Rubbing it in cause it sure must sting to go all the way to the Finals & then totally suck the next year to the point where your the worst team in the NHL this year.

I hear you!! The Habs making it to the Finals was a joke!! It was an easy win for Tampa Bay. The Stanley Cup Finals last year was basically the Best team vs the worst team in the Playoffs that year. How can you respect a team that's Fan Base Riots when they win? There's no place in hockey for that nonsense!! Its bad enough that teams like Vancouver did it when they lost the Finals to Boston but its sickening when they do it because they won & its not the first time they have done this, (They have so many that they actually made a "Top 5 List"). Just the ones i read, the Top 5, had over $40 Million in damages to the City & most are 2000 to present...
    I think its kind of fitting that they are sitting where they are in the Standings, (in last Place Overall), it looks good on them!!

Jameslacarte.. c'mon man. Lot's of bashing that's not necessary. I for one am elated that Montreal sucks so bad this year as I hate them more than any single team in the NHL. Boston are a close 2nd.

What are you going to do if Toronto gets knocked out first round? I know what the Toronto Sun cover page will look like... it will look like last year but an added inset of a picture of ANOTHER loss.

Hope it doesn't happen but Montreal went to the cup last year (which was a joke) so anything is possible.

Last edited by jameslacarte; 01-16-2022 at 12:38 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Big game tonight vs the Blues... We get Marner back but lose 3 more Players to Covid!! I would hate to see the season get shortened or worse & its not just hockey either, Basketball has had its issues with cancelled games too.. I am already tired of stuff being cancelled,(world Juniors, the Olympics!!).. when will this end?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

This is the norm when it comes to Covid. Either rules need to become more lenient or people have to learn to do the fark they are supposed to do. I don't want to make this a political debate but this virus only gets transmitted if you are in direct contact with people and if you are not doing things such as wearing your mask and washing your hands and stuff like that. So, clearly people all over major sports do not understand the severity of this situation and until they do teams rosters will continue to be decimated.

Another crazy of a game against the Blues, but a win is a win. Marner was great and hopefully this leads to a stretch of good games for him. Dermott continues to be bad and hopefully they are showcasing him and someone overpays for him. Lillijgren has been much better and has more upside and I am sure there is someone in the AHL that can fill Dermott's shoes.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Well... Jameslacarte... you are correct there. I hate Montreal fans basically because they gloat and seemingly never shut up. Sure they won the last Stanley Cup for Canada but the other 28 cups they've won were so long ago and also under much different circumstances that it should not even be brought up as a reason to gloat.

So what I am liking now is that Toronto's defense and goaltending has been much better overall and even their offense is slightly better. They haven't won this many games by scoring only 2-3 goals in a long time. So that's a pluses all around!

Since Edmonton did so well last season and McJesus is everywhere that probably people in Jerusalem have heard of him it was hilarious to see them swept first round. Edmonton has so many problems right now that it would actually be a shame to have to split up McDavid and Draisaitl at some point without having done anything to show for it. So I am thinking that Edmonton will be the new talk overtaking every Sports Station and leave Toronto alone. Hopefully Toronto's will end with a "Finally the Buds get past Round 1". And then we will focus on the Edmonton mess :) Montreal has a ways to go. I hope they do something obscure like hire Manon Rheaume. I really hope they do. Luongo would be cool too but with the Women's movement in Sports in general lately I think it would be the best thing to do.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Having Rheaume in the nhl would be awesome to see that's for sure! I remember having that set. Forget what it was called but it had her rookie card. Classic something or other I think. The most obnoxious and worst fans I have dealt with are LA fans. LA anything really. They are super fake and will say things just to fit in with a crowd without knowing anything about sports. They are also band wagon fans as well. Can't stand it! At least hockey fans are usually loyal and I just ignore the nonsense they say and carry on with my day.

Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast