Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

We are excited to join the SCF community as a sponsor!

Hello SCF Community!

My name is Kevin and I am the founder of a startup called Skwirl. Skwirl is a sports card and collectible marketplace. We are based in beautiful British Columbia Canada and serve customers in both Canada and the US.

Our goal is to provide a safe, secure and affordable marketplace for collectors to buy, sell (and eventually trade) sports cards, trading cards and other collectibles. Today we are kicking off an exciting sponsorship of the SCF forum. I’ve been lurking on these forums for a bit and can see that there is an engaged and passionate user base here for sports card collecting. I am eager to talk with you all some more and hopefully see some of you on our platform as well :)

Special offer for SCF members

We have just completed our first 3 months of operation where we onboarded a few trusted sellers and are ready to expand that. We will be offering for a limited time FREE seller fees** for 3 months to members of this community that are interested in becoming sellers (and have good feedback). After 3 months you will have a special seller fee of 2% (which is lower than the base of 5% that we plan to charge). This particular offer is only open for members of the SCF community and only for the next couple of months. We want to provide a low risk way for you all to give us a try, provide some feedback and help us build a sports card marketplace community that collectors will love.

We are also going to reward our top seller at the end of February with a 2021-22 Upper Deck Series 1 Hobby Box. (Note that some of our employees also sell on Skwirl and they will not qualify for the free box)

If you are interested in taking advantage of this offer you can send me a PM and I’d be happy to answer any questions you might have.

If you have any thoughts, questions or feedback feel free to post them here and we'd be happy to answer them for the community.

A little bit about us

We are a team of 2 people who are passionate about collecting. We started this company because we wanted an alternative to buying and selling collectibles. One that was built on a community of collectors. One that charged lower fees. And one that has zero tolerance for scams and abusive behaviour.

We are hoping to build a community of users that share our vision, so we can provide an alternative marketplace for collectors to enjoy the hobby together.

My business partner Ivan is our CTO and the lead dev/architect behind our platform. So if you have any technical questions, he is here to answer those as well!

Note on fees

** There is still a payment fee on each transaction of 2.9% + $0.30 charged by Stripe (pretty much the same as PayPal). We chose Stripe as our payment as they provide excellent fraud prevention and security features that we think will ensure our platform is safe and secure for our users. We may consider adding PayPal (or other providers) as an option in the future if there is enough demand.

You can learn more about Stripe here:
    https://stripe.com

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks Toronto Blue Jays
    Instagram:

Hey, this is my personal account on here that I've been posting with (for full transparency). We will use the 'skwirl' user to post in this forum (it could come from me or one of our employees). I'll continue to use my personal account to post elsewhere.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Penn State Nittany Lions New York Yankees Washington Capitals
    Twitter: @@VamosCards See jmc_70's Items on eBay Instagram: Upper Deck ePack

Are you all working on an app?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Instagram:

Are you all working on an app?

There are currently 2 of us working on the app. Myself and my business partner Ivan. Ivan is the main architect and does all of the backend/infrastructure work. I help out with the front end/styling of the app.

We're just in the middle of working on a review system for buyers to rate sellers and we hope to release that shortly.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Very slick website!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Instagram:

Very slick website!

Thanks!