Located just a few hundred feet from the historic Baseball Hall of Fame, Topps by Dave & Adam’s will offer an amazing selection of unopened card packs and boxes.
COOPERSTOWN, N.Y., December 17, 2021 – Topps, along with Dave and Adam’s Card World based in Western New York, announced the creation of a new flagship retail store to be located on historic Main Street in Cooperstown, NY.
“Topps by Dave & Adam’s” opening in the Spring of 2022, will look to build upon the rich history of the game of baseball within the Cooperstown community. With over 100 years of combined experience within the trading card industry, the shop will provide a new destination for collectors that will be located in the shadows of the Baseball Hall of Fame.
“I’ve always been a huge fan of Cooperstown and the Baseball Hall of Fame,” said Dave and Adam’s Card World Owner Adam Martin. “I try to visit at least once a year. On a recent visit, I walked out of the Hall of Fame, and just a few steps from the hall there was a vacant storefront. I thought that it would be a great place to open a store. I approached Topps about it, and things moved pretty quickly from there.”
Dave and Adam’s Card World, founded in 1991, is considered the largest online seller of trading cards in the world. Located near Buffalo, NY, the company operates a 35,000 square foot office and warehouse facility in Tonawanda, NY, in addition to a one-of-a-kind retail superstore (over 40,000 square feet) located in Williamsville, NY.
“We’re incredibly excited to partner with Dave & Adam’s to bring Cooperstown exactly what it deserves – its own baseball card shop!” Topps Communications Manager Emily Kless said. “The historic location that truly captures the history of America’s pastime provides the perfect backdrop for baseball fans young and old to rip open the excitement with a pack of Topps cards.”
The game of baseball has a bountiful history in Cooperstown. As the heart and soul of the town, the game lives on through the Hall of Fame which opened June 12, 1939. Dreams Park, home of the American Youth Baseball Hall of Fame (AYBHOF), also hosts its annual Little League event on Hall of Fame weekend at the end of July. More than 1,000 teams from all across the country travel to play in this renowned tournament.
Topps’s love for the game of baseball also runs deep, as the company started producing cards in 1949 Topps evolved into the modern baseball card era with its first annual set in 1952.
At the time, this was an attempt by Topps to get more folks to buy their chewing gum. As the popularity of the cards grew, Topps switched their focus to showcasing the game’s best on cardboard. The rest as they say, is history.
To stay up-to-date with all the excitement surrounding the Cooperstown store, news, and more…follow @DACooperstown and @Topps on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
The post Dave & Adam’s Card World and Topps Team Up to Open Flagship Card Store in Cooperstown appeared first on Dave & Adam's News.

More...