Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Most Impressive & Disappointing Teams through the New Year!!!

So, who is your Most Impressive Team & Most Disappointing Team through the New Year?

Most Impressive Team: Anaheim Ducks

I was a bit torn between the Ducks & Flames but when you put everything together I went with the Anaheim Ducks. Calgary is supposed to be a playoff team. With the top 2 lines they can put out there every night they should make the Playoffs & should be a Playoff team.
    Did anyone see this coming from Anaheim though? They should have been better this year but they are currently sitting 2nd in they're division with a whopping 41 pts. They are Hands Down my pick for Most Impressive team.

Most Disappointing team: The Montreal Canadians

Was there ever any doubt about this pick? From Stanley Cup Finalists to League Fall downs in just a few short months!! With all the crap they talked last year, like they actually won the Cup, its fitting that they are in last place in the Conference & 2nd last in the entire League though Phoenix does have some games in hand.. Check out these Stats: 7 Wins in 33 Games, 71 Goals for & 118 Against for a difference of -47.
    I guarantee Habs fans didnt see this coming. After going to the Finals & Losing to Tampa Bay i bet there was a tonne of excitement in Montreal for this upcoming season, well, at least until it started at 0-5 anyways!!
    in they're last 25 Games they are 5-20!!

This must feel like 2015 all over again!! They had the Parade already planned & then the 2nd half of the season they went from 1st place overall to not being able to win a game & out of the Playoffs. LMAO, how does that even happen?

Honorable Mention: The Ottawa Senators
    Another team with so much potential it hurts!! With the 2nd half of the season they had last year even i was excited to see what they were going to do this year.. It doesnt matter how many scorers you have when you cant keep the puck out of your Net, yet they have a 2 time Cup champion sitting in the Minors. A head scratcher for sure!!!

Last edited by jameslacarte; 12-31-2021 at 04:41 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Wow just noticed the Habs have near to double the amount of goals allowed than the Canes! 118 to 62. Hard to win doing that.
    Canes are +37 in goal differential so they must be doing something right. Brind'Amour is a really good coach I gather.
    The Rangers are playing well. That is always a surprise but they do have a lot of talent so it's about time.

The Jets are disappointing so far. I am always hoping for more from this group and they continue to be average.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Notre Dame Fighting Irish San Francisco Giants
    COMC Cards For Sale

The duvks are building something good. Add to them mctavish who was great in the mini world jrs. They are going to be solid
    always looking for
    John Gibson
    jamie drysdale
    Devon levi
    Yarasov askarov

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I had your "disappointment" predicted before I even clicked it. Very on-brand.

I think we all knew that the team was going to take a step back--they were a middle of the pack team last year and the playoffs were probably always going to be a struggle this year. With all the joy that the Cup Finals run brought I think some folks forgot that this team literally limped into the playoffs decimated by COVID & injuries and having had to play "3 games in 4 nights" and "4 games in 6 nights" for five straight weeks. But they dug deep and found a way to come back from 3-1 against the Leafs, swept the Jets, took out Vegas, and brought fans some great memories and lots to cheer about. I'll take that over an "All or Nothing" documentary.
    You look at the team the Habs iced last night -- as my great & good friend @Pheebs888 said on her regular blog, there was no chance this squad, with a $25.4M salary, was going to win. They don't have enough healthy bodies to ice a roster that would be permitted to play in an exhibition game. You just hope that Ducharme doesn't ruin the kids before he's canned at the end of this lost season. Of the roster that faced Tampa in the Finals, six of them were on the ice on Tuesday. We are playing with our #3 goalie, 3 legit NHL blue liners (none of whom should be first-pairing guys at this stage of their respective careers playing 20+ minutes a night), and depending on your level of generosity, 4-6 credible NHL forwards. Currently missing in action, or missed significant time this season: Price, Allen, Weber, Petry, Edmundson, Chiarot, Anderson, Byron, Gallagher, Hoffman, Dvorak, Drouin, Toffoli, and Perreault, It's the Laval Canadiens at this point. There's over $55M in players on the injured list or in COVID protocols. As the kids say, it is what it is. Pain for Shane. And if they really embrace the tank, fall hard for Bedard.

For my impressive pick, I'll take the Panthers. They've been under-the-radar for a long time but they seem to really be putting the pieces together. Fantastic start to the season, currently 3rd overall in the NHL, they're getting the most out of the whole roster, Bobrovsky is playing some great hockey, and they've got a great future #1 goalie in Knight. There could be a good run in their future, and the window is really just opening.

Disappointment - the Oilers. After getting swept in the first round this past spring, they did nothing to address their two glaring weaknesses: goaltending and defence. Textbook example of it, literally just today, as they lose 6-5 to New Jersey . Everybody has said for how long the Oilers need to address this, and in defiance of anybody who has ever watched hockey, they stuck with Smith and Koskinen. They've got the 21st ranked GAA in the NHL, and if they ever want to ascend to the elite level that is commensurate with their offence, that has to be better. McDavid & Draisaitl can put up all the amazing numbers, score all the highlight reel goals, but it's going to be a challenge for this team for as long as the back end is a letdown.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Facts are the facts!! im not just picking on the Habs, the Standings & Stats speak for themselves.. Stop patting yourself on the back super sleuth!!
    Make all the excuses you want, the stats dont lie.. Who cares how far they went, at the end of the day it still says Tampa on the Cup!! Must make for some great memories i bet!! For Tampa Bay & they're Fans
    Funny you didnt mention all the other players that just Outright bailed on the team at the end of the year. Kotkaniemi, (took the money & ran), Danault,(even the French Canadian Bailed), Tatar, (went to a Non Playoff team) Perry,(went to a real team). & there are more that left, at least 4 that i see.
    Weber came right out & said "we're not even going to make the Playoffs next year" & then poof, he's super injured & probably going to retire. C'mon lol!! There's way more to that whole charade than meets the eye!!
    It will be interesting to see who asks for a trade before the Trade Deadline!! Dont worry, i will let you know as soon as i hear something though. Guys like Weber, if he doesnt retire, doesnt have the time for a rebuild. He has been to 2 Cup Finals i believe & has no Cup.
    I doubt if he does ask for a trade he wont be the only 1. Dont worry though, no one wants Carey Price's 10.5 Million dollar contract for a .500 goalie so your safe there lol...
    Last edited by jameslacarte; 01-01-2022 at 07:09 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow just noticed the Habs have near to double the amount of goals allowed than the Canes! 118 to 62. Hard to win doing that.
    Canes are +37 in goal differential so they must be doing something right. Brind'Amour is a really good coach I gather.
    The Rangers are playing well. That is always a surprise but they do have a lot of talent so it's about time.

The Jets are disappointing so far. I am always hoping for more from this group and they continue to be average.

With the additions the Jets made to they're D core, the offense they have up front & a Top Goalie they should be higher in the standings.. It's still early though, they have time to turn it around. Maybe Maurice walking away will give them a wake up call...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really don’t understand this team bashing. Especially bashing Canadian teams. When was the last time a Canadian team even won the cup? Right, it was 1993. My favourite team is the Oilers, but guess who is a very close second place? That’s right, the Flames. Call me crazy but I would love to see any of the Canadian teams win the cup. I would even love to see the Leafs with all their talent end a drought that last saw them win it all in 1967. You stated that they talked crap last year, are you talking about the team? Or the fans, because that is what some fans tend to do. You can be the bigger person and not stoop to their level of lowness when they bashed the Leafs last year. Getting off on each other’s team misery is kind of juvenile. Unfortunetly only one team can win the cup so I guess that leaves 31 losers, 30 last year.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@jameslacarte

I cannot even believe Detroit would not even be considered with the 2 teams you mentioned.

Detroit almost improved close to what Anaheim has in wins. Of course 2 years removed Anaheim had a awesome record so there should be no surprise of the big turnaround unlike the wings you have been horrendous over many years.

When you talk about impressive do the Ducks have two rookies like Moritz and Lucas or any team for that matter. So, when you are looking at most impressive there are a lot of aspects to look at and for the Wings to not get a nod to me is a SHAM imo. As you said the standings (stats) are facts and the facts I shared are the wings have been more disappointing than any of the other teams for a bigger turnaround. So what is more impressive EHHHH?

Many thought Greis was not the answer as he was just a one hit wonder. So far the stats show perhaps it was not the bad deal everyone taught based on his 1st round exploits in the playoffs. Hate typing things like this as the 2nd half can be a complete turnaround from the 1st half. As Covid has impacted lineups, injuries, as well so nothing is completely looked at but having two of the top rookies in scoring is a great way to build for the future. I am sure all teams wish they had the same problem.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh for sure Detroit's season has been impressive as well!! I just didnt think it was as impressive as the Ducks but yeah, i missed that one!! They are going to be Contenders again in the next few years. Little Bert is having a great year, (except in Canada lol) & Larkin too & the young talent they have is going to make them the Detroit we have known since the days of Yzerman & the Boys, a perennial Cup contender every year!! Was there ever any doubt once Stevie Y took over at the helm?What he did in Tampa speaks for itself!! The guy was an amazing Player & he may even be a better GM than he was a Player & thats saying something!!
    Yeah i admit, i missed the boat on Detroit too!! I probably should have picked them instead of Calgary..

@jameslacarte

I cannot even believe Detroit would not even be considered with the 2 teams you mentioned.

Detroit almost improved close to what Anaheim has in wins. Of course 2 years removed Anaheim had a awesome record so there should be no surprise of the big turnaround unlike the wings you have been horrendous over many years.

When you talk about impressive do the Ducks have two rookies like Moritz and Lucas or any team for that matter. So, when you are looking at most impressive there are a lot of aspects to look at and for the Wings to not get a nod to me is a SHAM imo. As you said the standings (stats) are facts and the facts I shared are the wings have been more disappointing than any of the other teams for a bigger turnaround. So what is more impressive EHHHH?

Many thought Greis was not the answer as he was just a one hit wonder. So far the stats show perhaps it was not the bad deal everyone taught based on his 1st round exploits in the playoffs. Hate typing things like this as the 2nd half can be a complete turnaround from the 1st half. As Covid has impacted lineups, injuries, as well so nothing is completely looked at but having two of the top rookies in scoring is a great way to build for the future. I am sure all teams wish they had the same problem.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

I dont have much issue with the Canadians themselves, it s the fans i detest!! Would i cheer for them in the Playoffs? Never!! But, will i pass on the chance to rub they're sucky team in they're faces? Heck No!! What comes around goes around & you can be sure this is just 1 of many times i put they're stats & record on a thread to let them know i am still watching & still laughing at them.
    Since when is Montreal in Canada?? LMAO!!

I really don’t understand this team bashing. Especially bashing Canadian teams. When was the last time a Canadian team even won the cup? Right, it was 1993. My favourite team is the Oilers, but guess who is a very close second place? That’s right, the Flames. Call me crazy but I would love to see any of the Canadian teams win the cup. I would even love to see the Leafs with all their talent end a drought that last saw them win it all in 1967. You stated that they talked crap last year, are you talking about the team? Or the fans, because that is what some fans tend to do. You can be the bigger person and not stoop to their level of lowness when they bashed the Leafs last year. Getting off on each other’s team misery is kind of juvenile. Unfortunetly only one team can win the cup so I guess that leaves 31 losers, 30 last year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast