Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

The Athletic Reports Fanatics to acquire Topps

Fanatics is set to announce the acquisition of famed trading card company Topps on Tuesday, people with knowledge of the deal told The Athletic. Fanatics last year gobbled up licensing rights from MLB, the MLBPA, the NBA, the NBPA and the NFLPA, leading many in the industry to believe that Topps would have little choice but to eventually sell to Fanatics, the preeminent power in licensed merchandising. Fanatics declined to comment.

Source - https://theathletic.com/news/fanatic.../CDjLZvg6E8uC/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oklahoma Sooners

This is a positive in my opinion. I hope they keep some Topps brands around.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Fanatics declined to comment

Why?

Also did they ask Topps to comment?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

I don't see this as a negative thing at all. It keeps the Topps name around baseball, which should never leave in my opinion. When the licenses run out for Panini in the NFL and NBA, Topps will make their return to those sports also. While they are at it, why not buy Upper Deck and bring out Exquisite and SP Authentic again, right?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oklahoma Sooners

I don't see this as a negative thing at all. It keeps the Topps name around baseball, which should never leave in my opinion. When the licenses run out for Panini in the NFL and NBA, Topps will make their return to those sports also. While they are at it, why not buy Upper Deck and bring out Exquisite and SP Authentic again, right?

Skybox even

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't see this as a negative thing at all.

A sports card monopoly is a positive? I know everyone does these dream scenarios where Fanatics buys Topps, Upper Deck, Panini, etc and makes the best of the best (at a negative to them and a positive to the consumer) but when has a monopoly ever been good for the buyer?

People were coming up with great scenarios and fantasies when the WWF bought WCW and ECW and Disney bought Star Wars and now we see the realities. All crap deals for the consumer and fans.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oklahoma Sooners

A sports card monopoly is a positive? I know everyone does these dream scenarios where Fanatics buys Topps, Upper Deck, Panini, etc and makes the best of the best (at a negative to them and a positive to the consumer) but when has a monopoly ever been good for the buyer?

People were coming up with great scenarios and fantasies when the WWF bought WCW and ECW and Disney bought Star Wars and now we see the realities. All crap deals for the consumer and fans.

The monopoly was in place before the Topps purchase. I know you didn’t quote me, but moving forward I would rather see Topps products than Panini. Hopefully Fanatics has enough other business to be able to make it more about the fans and depend less on pure profit from cards.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The monopoly was in place before the Topps purchase. I know you didn’t quote me, but moving forward I would rather see Topps products than Panini. Hopefully Fanatics has enough other business to be able to make it more about the fans and depend less on pure profit from cards.

They do have enough other business but they didn't get where they are by depending on other depts to pick up the profit slack
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

In some cases it's better the devil you know. Other times a new company means new ideas and maybe some innovation. All I know is, if I get Topps Finest or heck even Fanatics Finest again I'll be a happy camper. It's been fun bulking up my checklists from 1994-2015 but I'm ready for some new stuff too! Such a shame I never got Finest rookies from 2016-current classes.