Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Adiddle and family IP sucess

My wife went to the Christmas Con here in New Jersey before Christmas. Just getting a chance to post after I confirmed all the signatures.
    Her and I did it 2 years ago and was a pretty nice weekend.
    She had her tickets for all three days and had a Alicia Witt Concert also. So sad that a few days after the Christmas Con they found both her parents dead.
    She had her picture taken with different actors/actresses and.
    Her autographs were signed on a wooden board with a frame on it and the board she had Merry Christmas on it.
    The board contained the following autos.

Alicia Witt
    Nikki DeLoach
    Wes Brown
    Cindy Busby
    Luke MacFarland
    Melissa Joan Hart
    Beth Broderick
    Tyler Hynes
    Jonathan Bennett
    Jen Lilley
    Autumn Reeser
    Cameron Mathison
    Andrew Walker
    Ryan Paevey
    Jesse Hutch

Unless you watch the Hallmark Channel or GAC Family Channel you may not recognize some the the names.
    Have to admit she did pretty well for being there a couple of hours each day getting her autos and the photo shoots.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's awesome! Love the Christmas movies! I didnt know there was a convention, bet it was fun!!

Cheers!

Laura

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

They have it in New Jersey every year and I also believe California maybe more
    If you can catch one in your area it is really fun

SCF Rewards
    Country

They have it in New Jersey every year and I also believe California maybe more
    If you can catch one in your area it is really fun

Cool! We will have to check it out if it makes it to our area!

Cheers!

Laura

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Because of COVID I have not been back to TD Ball Park home of the Somerset Patriots since October 2019 the end of the season.
    The next year 2020 was full COVID. In 2021 the new Patriots of the Yankees started but I froze my season tickets and pushed them off until this year 2022 mainly because of COVID concerns and my respiratory issues for most of 2021..
    During that time I also had mixed emotions about my return: first is now they are the AA Yankees not the Independent Patriots which I have to get use to. Also during the off time of 2 1/2 years I was not sure about my graphing as I did not have the same passion.
    Well Wednesday night was my first return to the park as it was the season ticket holders night to watch batting practice and try to meet the players plus seeing all the changes that pete27 told me about at the stadium.
    I arrived and the first person I met in the parking lot Sparky Lyle and we talked for a few minutes he wanted to know where the hell I was and I explained everything to him.
    I arrived at 5:30 for a 6 PM start time and the gate was already open and there was a line of graphers on the stairs. That did not make me feel good as I really had to lean over the stairs to get players on my team sheet.
    Well I stayed the 2 hours and did not do to bad but I can feel the difference being there now. I actually felt like I was a beginner again and felt out of place I also did know most of the people there.

Also the sheet with the players numbers did not match the player numbers that they were putting down and with new faces I did not know anyone.
    I will have to wait for an update on the Patriots site to match the players with their numbers.
    I will post that when I have it
    Out of the 35 coaches ,players and trainer I was able to get 22 of them.

I just wanted to post this to get me feet wet and again follow up with the names when I can confirm them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

So last night was the home opener for the Somerset Patriots. The first time I was at a game since end of 2019 and again was a little nervous. Being a season ticket holder I was able to get in 15 minutes and positioned myself at the bottom of the dug out stairs.
    We received a 2020 Bowman 5 card promo pack and I pulled an Anthony Volpe card. Will wait until the season quiets down to see if he signs his complete name and not AV.
    Main gates opened and the area became super crowded.
    It was a tough night for me to get anyone. Out of the starters only 2 players stopped to sign and I did not need either.
    When everyone else came out the players I required either had on jackets or covered their numbers.
    If you did not know them before they passed and you called they kept walking.
    Plus it was the first game and players already started to use the back door and come in thru the outfield and with the netting you cannot really get them.
    Anyway I was able to get 5 autos and that leaves me with 11 to go.

Here is who I was able to get

Gerardo Casadiego
    Michael Beltre
    Sean Boyle
    Matt Minnick
    James Nelson

While watching the game I was able to take some notes on some of the remaining players to help me identify them next game.
    Things like their pant legs are down, wrist bands and even Randy Vasquez he likes to cover his number with a jacket but he also has what I call a duck hair cut on the back.
    Have to use all the tools we can to make thing work.

Next game not sure I was suppose to do tomorrow night but it looks like rain so Saturday would be my next game but with it being Easter weekend not sure. Have to wait to see what the wife has planned. Do not want to have her get mad.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Well the wife had nothing planned for last night so I opted to go to the Patriots game. Maybe I should have stayed home
    First when I left the house it was pretty warm and 76 degrees so I did not bring a jacket.
    By the 3rd inning the wind had pick up quite a bit and was getting cold enough that I left. When I got to the car it had dropped 20 degrees. It a shame as the Patriots were winning after 3.
    Second graphing was not good. I needed 10 players and 1 coach. Except for the starting players everyone came out with covers on.
    I needed Chad Bell and for some reason as he was coming out of the tunnel I was in la la land until he passed me and then I realized it and it was to late. Must have been a senior moment.
    The only 2 pitchers to come out of the tunnel were Medina who I did not need and Vasquez who I needed. He was carrying a bat and glove to mess up everyone but I recognized him called his name and he kept walking. The rest of the pitchers all came out thru the back door.
    I need 6 pitchers and if they keep doing that I will have to come up with some thing to slide under the fence to them.
    Last night was also my first viewing of what happens when the pitch clock runs out. This umpire did not waste time and it was called twice during the first 2 innings once for each side.
    OK here are the 2 players I did get.

Mickey Gasper
    Oliver Dunn

So that leaves me with 1coach 2 position players and 6 pitchers.
    I wonder how long it will take to complete

Next game Tuesday April 26th against Portland

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Went to the game tonight even though there was a threat of rain. I needed to get out of the house for a few hours. Only thing is it was a bad night to graph the Patriots. It was the most improved student night and they had about 150 students on the field. They announced their names and schools which was a great honor for them and their parents but they did this during the time the players were starting to come out of the tunnel and they were exiting the field on the stairway where I normally stand. Because of that we could not stand there tonight and I had to move to the first base side to try to get players thru the netting. Could only get one and no pitchers as they came down the line just before the National Anthem and of course would not sign. I think I may have to target a pitcher a game and hopefully finish the 6 that I need that way. Long process but it is what is is.

Team Sheet

Derek Dietrich

Next game maybe Thursday against Portland again.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Well I picked up my old body and went to the game tonight with the cold and the wind.
    The wind just made it colder for me.
    I left top of the 5th with the Patriots loosing 3-0. I guess I left a positive impression then as they proceeded to score 15 runs after my departure.
    Anyway almost had all the position players completed. Just one to go and the 6 pitchers.
    Here are the 2 I got on the team sheet

Rodolfo Duran
    Chad Bell

Asked new promoted player Saul Torres but he said he had to go play catch in the bullpen

Figured with that I would then move to the first base side to try for the pitchers when they came buy. Well fool me as they all had on the facial hooded covers and could not tell who was who.

Weather permitting next game will be Tuesday a day game against New Hampshire. Hope the pitchers are easier to get then.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Today was a day game and I would say about 20-30 schools were there.
    Since I needed 5 pitchers and 1 catcher I positioned myself down the first base line by the bullpen. I could see who I needed if they would just come about 15-20 feet closer but when the gates opened the section filled up with school kids and I knew no one would come by.
    I waited until they headed to the dug out for the start of the game and was able to get one on the team sheet

Saul Torres

I actually stayed for the entire game my first since 2019. It got warm in the sun at times and it made my old man head start bobbing and beginning to doze. Thought it was going to be a long game as 13 runs in the first 4 innings were scored but it calmed down.

Post game inside I got 1 pitcher

Jhony Brito

Went out side the gate to see what I could do post game on the last 4 pitchers. Glad I did as I ran into my friend pete27. Other than talking on another site its the first time we have seen each other since end of 2019. Real glad to see you Pete.
    Plus Pete eyed one of my pitchers coming out another door and we both needed him and when we got to him I would have never known who it was as to me he did not look like his Patriot roster photo. Thanks for the help Pete.

Steve Jennings

That leaves me with just 3 pitchers left on the current roster to completed my team sheet as of now.
    I need the following

Randy Vasquez
    Josh Maciejewski
    Emmanuel Ramirez.

Right now my next game would not be until May 17 vs Reading and if I did not get the 3 then the next day is another day game I will try then.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast