Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See psychoforturkeys's Items on eBay

Ongoing Vintage Show & Tell Thread

Quite a mail day I had to show off! I'm having an absolute blast with the new vintage projects I have going. The cards are just incredibly cool, the texture and feel is amazing, and they're just, well, cool!Have a peek at today's mail!

These bring me to 41/60 on the set. Still needing the Howe, which is the big money card.

Group photo op before they went into semi-rigid holders and 4 pocket pages.

I'd had them in toploaders and 4-pocket pages but about 3 weeks into that I wasn't thrilld with how that was working so decided to switch. I think it looks cleaner this way, lays flatter, etc.

Pretty sweet to pick up these 2 old Parkies. The Frank is a 63/64 and the Plante is 58/59.

Those were cool. HOWE could you top that?

HOWE? HOWE you ask?Hope you're PLANTEd in your seat!

They're not perfect but they are extremely nice copies. On top left is a 61/62, top right is 62/63, and the Plante is a 58/59. I was really excited to receive these in person. Vintage commons are cool but there's just something pretty special about holding a vintage Plante or Howe card. I have a bunch of sets started of these years so it was nice to knock off a few of the big cards.

Hope you enjoy? If you guys want to see vintage I'll keep posting my pickups and just start an ongoing thread like my Giacomin one. Yes?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The 54-55 Topps set is probably the best looking set from the 50s through 80s (there's a couple of others I'm partial to, but that's the nicest looking one IMO). Never owned a card from it.... and there isn't any particular card that really fits my collection though.

Those final 5 are beauties. One of these days I do want to add a nice vintage Plante (though I think his RC will always be a little too rich for my blood)

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think the backs on the 54/55 are outstanding too. Colorful, the cartoons, good stuff!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think the backs on the 54/55 are outstanding too. Colorful, the cartoons, good stuff!

I would love to see Topps back into the Hockey Card market, for no other reason than their ability to do "retro" cards like these (and some of the other vintage sets).

SCF Rewards
    Country

Let's add to this, shall we? Mods, if someone could change the title to add "ONGOING" to the listing it would be appreciated and I'll just keep this one going.

\

I'll break this out of the slab so I can store it with my other vintage cards of that set. Normally skip graded copies unless the price is right, which it was in this case.

Not enough Howe last time?

I love the backs on the old cards.

This was a really nice pick up. It was a KSA graded card, but not any more, LOL. Old checklists are tough!

These BEAUTIES came today! I can't get over how clean they are!

Enjoy! I am having a blast with this old stuff. Shouldn't be a terrible investment over time either in reality.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Renamed the thread for you, and congrats on the new pickups!

Not just old cards, but it looks like you got very clean copies.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Renamed the thread for you, and congrats on the new pickups!

Not just old cards, but it looks like you got very clean copies.

Thank you.

And yeah, the 60/61 group that came in yesterday I almost though were reprints at first but they're legit. Vintage is just neat neat stuff.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I SAW HOWE this thread hadn't been replied to in a bit so....few new goodies for starters:

Love the smell of vintage in the morning, or afternoon...

Now, on to a couple real beauties!

Knocked off two big ones for my 57/58 Topps set project with these two:

Hope you enjoy!

SCF Rewards
    Country

just so many incredible cards shown here... love seeing these.

SCF Rewards
    Country

just so many incredible cards shown here... love seeing these.

Thanks Willy. I've got about 30ish more coming soon! Also a big@ss pile on COMC I need to request shipment of. Next show and tell will be heavy volume, LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast