Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Quick Questions About Selling PC

Hey guys,

I have a quick question for the group. I have a solid Mac Jones RC collection.. pushing around 150 cards or so. I was trying to save the collection for years to come but something has come up and I might have to sell.

Where would you suggest I do so that isn't eBay? Unfortunately I have been scammed a lot lately and eBay haven't really done much to fix the issues.

Thanks,

Ninfanlink

SCF Rewards
    Country

Your options would be here, Craigslist, or a place like COMC.com if you are going to use eBay
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not sure why trading card collectors still use eBay. Clearly they love getting ripped off!

The only other option is COMC.

But the good news, is that COMC is KING!

You can even sell your cards on eBay through COMC, and COMC will take all the risk of dealing with stupid humans.

Also, if you send your cards to eBay auction through COMC (or some other consignor), then you are perfectly allowed to "shill" bid up your own cards through your personal eBay accounts, as those auctions are not technically yours (different account). It may be a "shill" in some form by law, but it is perfectly acceptable and allowed by eBay.

How else do you think all those Probstein and Goldin cards get bid up so high? They aren't even real Stan lee auto's! I just take out my sharpie and scribble Stan Lee on old Marvel cards and send them to Probstein. Probstein doesn't care. eBay doesn't care. eBay allows this. As long as you play by eBay's rule book, then all is good bro!

If someone buys a fake auto on eBay, then it is their FAULT for using eBay in the first place. It isn't eBay's fault. And eBay allows fake auto's, so it can't be the scammers fault, even though he knows what he is doing is wrong, but he is playing the game of eBay by the rule book of eBay. eBay knows how to block users from their system if they don't want those users in their system anymore. Clearly, eBay has gotten rich from maintaining thieves in their system.

I even inquired to eBay about this. And they said they don't really have a means of monitoring shill bids if they are sent to a consignor because it will be different accounts and different IP addresses. So I asked if I can do it? And they said I "shouldn't do it", but I can if I want.

You probably "shouldn't" smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol, but you can if you want.

You probably shouldn't wrap your wiener in tinfoil and make a forked snake-tongue at the tip and insert in into an electrical outlet, but you can if you want.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I even inquired to eBay about this. And they said they don't really have a means of monitoring shill bids if they are sent to a consignor because it will be different accounts and different IP addresses. So I asked if I can do it? And they said I "shouldn't do it", but I can if I want.

You probably "shouldn't" smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol, but you can if you want.

You probably shouldn't wrap your wiener in tinfoil and make a forked snake-tongue at the tip and insert in into an electrical outlet, but you can if you want.

That is the game of eBay you are playing.

You don't have to play, and given how shady eBay is, you probably "shouldn't" play, but you can if you want!