Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See dannyharding1992012's Items on eBay

How to tell if it is a Reprint

I have been out of the sports cards game for a while now. Thought I might get back into it. My question is How do you tell if a card is a reprint if there is no card year on the back of the card. I have what I belive to be a 1972 Topps Roger Staubach #200 card which I believe is not a reprint. I have looked on ebay and have seen some with a card date on the back of the card indicating it is a reprint. However, I have seen some that are listed as reprints but look exactly like the original 1972 card. The only thing I can think of is that my card is not centered and the ones listed as reprints are centered. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jellybn; 03-21-2022 at 09:13 AM. Reason: added pics

SCF Rewards
    Country

Can you post a picture of the front and back of your card? Somebody on here might be able to tell if it is a fake or real by that.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

Can you post a picture of the front and back of your card? Somebody on here might be able to tell if it is a fake or real by that.

I’m showing front and back pics in my post. I will add them again just in case.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I’m showing front and back pics in my post. I will add them again just in case.

@jellybn

Don't know why it wasn't showing up before but it does now.

I see no reason why this wouldn't be a legit real copy. If you were going to pass off a reprint as real you would use a copy that has better centering and was in better condition.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

Thanks for your input. I have looked at what seems like thousands of vintage and reprint cards on eBay. Have only found 1 listed as a reprint that looks exactly like the vintage card. All of the others back was different color and had reprint on it. Asked him if he was sure his was a reprint and he said yes because it was plasticided. Whatever that means.