The sun is starting to make an appearance here in Buffalo, NY, and it’s got everyone in the office buzzing! More importantly, we are back for another installment of MVP Monday! As the hobby continues to grow, our customer service team has been working diligently to meet the needs and answer any questions that our loyal customers might have! Meet Ryan Gilbert, a member of our customer service team who’s been an All-Star at keeping the customers happy! As always, we sit down to talk and learn more about our MVP!

What are you most looking forward to this Summer?
I am most looking forward to being able to go outside and get back on the golf course! Also hoping to visit a couple new MLB ballparks this summer!
Oh boy! It’s Masters season and it’s got everyone itching for some Golf! Fun Fact: Ryan has actually been giving Tiger Woods some lessons on how to improve his swing!
What are your interests outside of work?
I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, sports, and traveling.
Do you have any hobbies?
I’m a big sports person, and enjoy collecting sports memorabilia. I also play volleyball in the summer, and sports games like NHL & FIFA during the winter months.
If you can’t tell, Ryan REALLY enjoys sports. With Esports in the mix now, Ryan doesn’t even get an offseason!
What’s your favorite movie and why?
There are so many that come to mind that I’m not sure I can pick just one. I’m a big comedy fan and really enjoy anything with Will Ferrell.
You can never go wrong with a classic Will Ferrell movie. I mean, even if you don’t like his movies, then at the very least you can respect his singing voice. It’s like a combination of Fergie and Jesus!
Do you have any pets?
Yes, my wife & I have a dog named Daisy!

What a little cutie!
What are your favorite sports teams and why?
I’m a big sports fan so my list of teams is long. My teams include the Buffalo Bandits, Tampa Bay Rays, Buffalo Bills, Washington Wizards, and Chelsea FC. People ask me all the time why the Rays? I’ve been a fan since the original Devil Rays days, and it started when I was 6 years old when I went to Tropicana Field with my grandfather. It was one of my first professional sports experiences, and made me the fan I am today.
What an awesome memory that you get to hold on to! We’re just grateful that a couple Buffalo teams made your list
Are you a former/current athlete? What sports did you play? What was your favorite?
I am retired. I played football, ice hockey, and soccer back in the day. I love all sports, and really don’t have a favorite.
Ryan may be retired, but you can still catch this man in action during summer league volleyball. He spikes so hard that the league he is in is now named after him!
What’s your favorite product that we sell?
That’s a difficult question to answer, but if I had to pick one, I would say the Hit Parade Autographed Soccer “GEAR” Hobby Box. I’m a big soccer fan, and this product in my opinion is so unique & has so many different opportunities to hit something cool! Especially because signed soccer gear is rather hard to come by; To have a chance at an autographed kit, cleat, or ball from some of the games best is very cool!
I bet you’re jealous knowing that our customers have the opportunity to get signed memorabilia from Christian Pulisic! And yes, that is the only Chelsea player that I know. Check out this product here!
Do you have any collections of your own?
I do collect some cards, but for the most part I collect autographed sports memorabilia. Some of my most cherished pieces are some autographed baseballs from the greats like Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams, and Hank Aaron that were passed down to me.

It’s always nice to simply inherit cool products/memorabilia like this! No work, no money spent; Just cool stuff to have!
What’s an interesting fact about you?
I actually was lucky enough to be selected to represent my college & work Super Bowl XLVIII in NYC. To have been able to work the big game is one of my favorite personal & professional experiences to date!
It’s just a shame that you had to watch the most lopsided Super Bowl in recent memory, but still an awesome experience! And you got to see Bruno Mars do his thing! I’m jealous.
Tell me about your background with DA/HP? What attracted you to work for us?
I am a Sales/Service representative at DACW. I was interested in joining the team because I’ve always been a fan of the DACW brand and collectibles. After learning more about the company, their mission and goals, I felt I was a good fit with my professional experience and background.
And you were correct! We’re so glad to have you as a part of the Dave and Adam’s family!
What was your career before DA/HP?
I worked for the Buffalo Sabres for six years prior to joining the team here at DACW. I served as an Account Services Representative managing season ticket accounts, and assisting members. I have also spent time with the Buffalo Bisons, and worked a few International Ice Hockey Championships as well.
If you haven’t learned by now, Ryan really enjoys his sports. It only makes sense that your work resume is filled with jobs that revolve around sports!
Is there a particular moment or time that sticks out about your experience here?
My first day on the job really sticks out to me because as soon as I walked in, I got a tour of the facility and just seeing all of the different products was quite humbling. I thought I knew about collectibles and cards, but it just showed that I had so much still to learn. For me this is a good thing, because I feel continued learning will only ensure growth on both a personal and professional level, which in turn will only help myself and the company.
First days on a job are always intimidating, so don’t feel like you’re alone! Luckily, we work for a company that is ever changing when it comes to new products! Learning and gaining knowledge on these products will always be a part of the position, and we’re glad that you have this mindset to take it head on!
Is there an achievement or contribution that you are most proud of?
I would say being one of the few selected to represent my school at Super Bowl XLVIII. I was even recognized for my efforts by the host city. It was truly a once in a lifetime experience, and one that I am forever grateful for.
You’re very lucky! I believe I speak for a lot of people when I say that my college did not offer any opportunity of that magnitude.
What inspires you to be the best at your job?
I would have to say being able to learn new things, acquire new skills, and continue to grow both on a personal and professional level.
And you’re killing it! Thank you for putting your best foot forward on a daily basis!
What makes you love your job?
I would say the people I get to work with, we really have a great team here. I also really enjoy being able to see some of the amazing cards & pieces of memorabilia that come through.
Those are two big perks for working at Dave and Adam’s! Not only are we able to see these amazing products first hand, but we also enjoy working with one another! That’s not necessarily easy to find!
What has been your biggest challenge here, and what did you do to solve it on your own?
Learning about all of the different product offerings we have here. It’s something I’m still working towards mastering, but it all comes from putting in the time and effort to learn & familiarize yourself with the products.
And you, along with the rest of our employees, are doing a great job at that! Thank you for all that you do for us; We wouldn’t be the same without you!
Thank you for once again joining us for MVP Monday spotlight! Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for updates on all things Dave and Adam’s!
The post MVP Monday: Ryan Gilbert appeared first on Dave & Adam's News.

More...