Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    COMC Cards For Sale

I put a card in a toploader, then take another toploader and reverse the top/bottom, bottom/top and tape ends with masking tape. Strong as hell. Put in a coin envelope. Then I tape both ends of the front of the envelope with packing tape and another tape across the middle of the front with packing tape. Put a $1.30 stamp on it and away it goes to the States or a regular stamp and away it goes anywhere in Canada.

I work at Canada Post and know the equipment that is used.

IMG_5509.JPG IMG_5510.JPG IMG_5511.JPG

IMG_5512.JPG IMG_5513.JPG IMG_5514.JPG

Any thicker than 130pt has to go oversize. Then the pricing goes up and you have to fill out a customs form if going to the States. If you have multiple cards, you can do 1x2, 1x3 or 1x4 etc. by tiling them side by side up to 10"x14" as long as you don't go higher than 3/16th (5mm) thick. If tiling, the weight goes up, so does the stamps you have to put on it. Put a stamp(s) on it and drop in a Street Letter Box or regular mail at your local post office. The less people touching your mail the better - no one can tell you anything then. Only a Postal Inspector can open your mail or a Customs Officer.

If you need insurance, you are hooped.

Double toploader, regular envelope (taped ends on front side and one across the middle) is stronger than a bubblewrap envelope. Check out my feed back on eBay ... never had one problem with this method and actually get compliments on how I ship cards.

Best of Luck.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

hey Kid i appreciate the heck out of this info.
    yet i have been told that the border patrol have a scanner that detects anything not paper.
    someone i know at canada post said they dont even use a scanner. they just "feel" the package.
    the last package that came back had nothing but paper yet it was still refused.
    so i dont understand what the truth is.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Marines
    Member is PayPal Verified

mailing both ways just seems so expensive. from US to Canada, it is also exorbitant unless you can get it in pwe. sometimes us postal service allows it and sometimes they want charge padded cost which can run 10x for 1-2 cards. nutty

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

I find all of this crazy how shipping to and from Canada has gotten so expensive. I remember the days when shipping anywhere in the world was a couple of bucks. Personally, I only ship to the states every once in awhile so I don't mind spending $20 on tracking. There does need to be a cheaper way to send with tracking too, but that's another discussion for another day.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    COMC Cards For Sale

hey Kid i appreciate the heck out of this info.
    yet i have been told that the border patrol have a scanner that detects anything not paper.
    someone i know at canada post said they dont even use a scanner. they just "feel" the package.
    the last package that came back had nothing but paper yet it was still refused.
    so i dont understand what the truth is.

Hope you didn't jinx me ... lol

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@icefields
    Read this post as I have experienced the same thing on my side of the border.
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...?highlight=pwe

Haver you tried dropping stuff off in a pwe just straight in the postal office mailbox. I do and I tell buyers I will ship in a pwe on here when I am selling cards for rp's as I cannot be responsible for a pwe dropped in a mail box. I offer another cost for a lot higher on a bubble mailer but most folks go for the pwe and it mostly get thru without being sent back or damaged (had a few over the years get damaged). I refunded the rp's and they sent the card back.

If your postal clerk says this "YOU CANNOT SHIP HOCKEY CARDS" ask them this as you won't lie but why will they to you?

As you see it says you can ship two cards in a pwe thru the ebay. I know we are not ebay but you can ship hockey cards in a pwe which they are telling you cannot. I know Canadians are doing this all over the various provinces as I bought on ebay and get many pwe's with shipping of only .99 cents.

Here is the link if you wish to look up the screenshot.

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/sh...ndard-envelope

It is just a dang money grab by the postal service.

DON
    Last edited by doniceage; 06-30-2022 at 03:49 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

thanx Don for you enlightening response.
    i will try the pwe thing
    if it doesnt work well then we have to make shipments to the states worth the prix of the stamps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12