Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ronfir's Items on eBay

Topps Sucks but you have to love them ! LOL!!!

A year ago today I pulled a Ketel Marte autograph jersey card from Museum. I redeemed the card and started the wait to get the card. After six months I contacted Topps Customer Service and they told me I could submit an exchange for the card. I did that and waited some more. One month nothing, two months nothing, three months and still nothing so I called Topps back and again spoke to Customer Service and they told me that even though I was told I could get a replacement that was not going to be allowed. I had to wait some more.

But because it had been nine months they would send me sent me a special customer service package because I was waiting. That package didn't arrive in another month so I called Topps back and got the same story, they could not replace the redemption, I needed to wait and by the way, the special customer service package was delayed as well.

Another month and nothing so I call back and same story. So with today being a year since I pulled the redemption I called Customer Service again. Guy told me still we cannot replace the Marte card because he might sign for Topps some day. I asked why did your company tell me I could ask for a replacement if you were never going to do that? He simply said, sorry nothing he would do but that the special customer service package had been shipped! Wait some more but at this point I doubt I will ever see the Marte card or get a replacement.

So after hanging up I see the mailman at our mailbox. Sure enough the "special customer service package arrived!""

Yes, it was finally here!

What did Topps send?

Well one of the ultra high end packs! A pack of Opening Day!

But they also sent me an autograph!!!!!

Yes, Yes, I got an autograph in the package!!!!

Who? What????

Well at least an auto! 2013 Bowman so the card has been in their inventory for only 9 years. Romero last played in the majors in 2016 when he played 9 games for Seattle, 17 at bats, 4 hits leaving him with a .195 batting average. Almost made the Mendoza line!

Well at least I got their pacakge and an autograph.

You have to just love Topps!
    Last edited by ronfir; 07-14-2022 at 11:58 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

Love the story! Sorry to hear about all you’ve gone through though!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Wow that is crazy and a non name autograph!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oklahoma Sooners

This reminds me of something Donruss Playoff would have done. More specifically something Donruss Playoff DID do.

A long time ago I pulled a redemption for a Sidney Rice auto /5 from a mid level Leaf brand. At the time he was an up and coming rookie receiver. By the time the redemption was processed and I was told it would be replaced the next season had rolled around he was injured. They were able to replace it with a rookie running back auto /30 who never played a game in the league. Sidney Rice went on to have a 1000 yard season with Brett Favre the next year. Needless to say I was upset. He ended up struggling with injuries for the rest of his career and the cards are probably worth about the same now (although being /5 is pretty rare).

Be better Topps.