Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Frank Thomas
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCF Rewards
    Country

Jeff Bagwell

SCF Rewards
    Country

Chuck Knoblauch

SCF Rewards
    Country

Maurice (Mo) Vaughn

SCF Rewards
    Country

I received another card in the mail today. This one is from Mike Trombley and was sent on 8/13/2022 and received on 8/31/2022. Mr. Trombley was drafted by the Minnesota Twins in 1989. He went on to play eleven years in the Majors, playing for the Twins, Baltimore Orioles, Los Angeles Dodgers, and then a second stint with the Twins to end his career. He played for the Falmouth Commodores in 1988 and he currently works as a financial advisor. He did not answer my question, but he did sign one of the two enclosed index cards. This is my tenth autographed card for the set.
    Last edited by CCBL1988; 08-31-2022 at 08:05 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I received another card in the mail today. This one was from Jesse Levis and was sent on 8/24 and received on 9/5. I'm not entirely sure when the card was actually returned as I have been away for the long weekend and last checked the mail on 9/1, so it could have been anytime between then and now. He was drafted by the Philadelphia Phillies in 1986 and again in 1989 by the Cleveland Indians. He played nine years in the majors with the Cleveland Indians and Milwaukee Brewers. He was raised in a Jewish household and tried to observe as many religious holidays and practices as he could during his playing career. After his playing career ended he managed the Mets' Rookie League club in Kingsport for a season, followed by scouting for the Mets and the Red Sox. Mr. Levis was kind enough to reply to my question and personalize his autograph. This is my eleventh autograph for the set.
    Last edited by CCBL1988; 09-09-2022 at 07:27 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I received another TTM today. This one is from Dana Brown. It was sent on 8/13/2022 and received on 9/9/2022. Mr. Brown was drafted by the Philadelphia Phillies in 1989 and played a few years of minor league baseball. He never made it to the majors, but he is now the Vice President of Scouting for the Atlanta Braves. He previously had front office stints with the Toronto Blue Jays and the Washington Nationals. He is currently considered by many to be a candidate to be the new general manager of the Detroit Tigers. Mr. Brown played for the championship winning Wareham Gatemen in 1988 and was a teammate of Mo Vaughn and Chuck Knoblauch. I asked him what his favorite memory is from the Cape Cod League and he answered my question. This is my twelfth autographed card for the set.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I received another TTM today. This one was from Jeromy Burnitz. This one was sent on 8/16/2022 and received on 9/12/2022. I had to pay $20 through PastPros for the autograph. It was my first experience with PastPros and there were no issues at all. Mr. Burnitz was drafted by the Milwaukee Brewers in 1987 and again by the New York Mets in 1990. He spent 14 years in the majors with the New York Mets, Cleveland Indians, Milwaukee Brewers, Los Angeles Dodgers, Colorado Rockies, Chicago Cubs, and Pittsburgh Pirates. He is one of the most recognizable names in this set. He played for the Hyannis Mets in 1988 and was a teammate of John Valentin and also Kirk Dressendorfer, whose card I received earlier. I asked him what his favorite memory is from his time in the Cape Cod League, but he did not answer my question. His height is listed as 6'11 on this card, which is a typo. This is my thirteenth autographed card for the set.
    Last edited by CCBL1988; 09-12-2022 at 05:41 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I received another TTM today. This one is from Joe DelliCarri and was sent on 8/13/2022 and received 9/14/2022. Mr. DelliCarri was drafted by the New York Mets in 1989 and also spent some time in the Detroit Tigers' organization. He played 7 seasons, reaching AAA ball, but never broke through to the majors. He is now the Senior Director of Amateur Scouting for the PIttsburgh Pirates. I asked him the same question as the others, but he did not reply. This is my fourteenth autographed card for the set.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hello, everyone. I am back after an almost two month hiatus. I haven't sent any TTMs out since 9/13/2022, but I have received a few since I last posted. The first is from Rafael Novoa. This was sent on 8/13/2022 and returned on 9/22/2022. Mr. Novoa was drafted by the San Francisco Giants in 1989. He went on to play two years in the major leagues, 1990 with the Giants and 1993 with the Milwaukee Brewers. He played for the Harwich Mariners in 1988. He did not answer my question. This is my fifteenth autograph for the set.
    Last edited by CCBL1988; 11-03-2022 at 06:04 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast