Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

2003 Topps Chrome Barry Bonds Chrome refractor

2003 Topps Chrome #245 Barry Bonds Chrome Refractor. I was wondering if anyone could give me any info on the value and rarity of this card? I have received a few generous offers on it. I can't seem to find another anywhere. Doing some research on it, it came in the second series of the set, through a mail in voucher only. None are graded through PSA either. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It is a 2003 Topps Chrome Silver Refractor parallel. These cards were redemption only from Topps and there are pretty hard to find. First people didn't really buy Series 2 and then the redemption deadline was pretty quick so you didn't have much time to mail in to get the card. Plus it was a special new (and never done before?) refractor so people really didn't know how rare they would be and by 2003 people cared more for autographs and game used than they did about the fading popularity of refractors.

I don't know a print run for them but the only way to get them has already passed so you can't pull any more of them from packs. But these still don't really get the respect that they deserve since a lot of people don't know about them and more importantly how difficult they are to find. I would guess a print run of 50 or less easily on these. For some of the players (common guys) nobody was mailing in a redemption as it just wasn't worth it.

As for the value. I don't know what you are getting for offers but the economy has fluctuated wildly in the past years but I'd put a guess on the value at $100-$300 for it. Bonds stuff is a bit weird to price too since he is such a polarizing figure. His stuff sometimes goes for a lot but other times it doesn't.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

According to Beckett OPG THE SILVER IS $12 ..
    Hi traders I'm looking for HOF autos and GU's cards I need ,Roberto Alomar & Roberto Clemente New Cards, Hidden Content
    My Trade list; Hidden Content
    Trade by search Team,Players,Brand,Year!! Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is that $12.00. I noticed the other refractor were going for 200-300$.
    Is that because this one had to be mailed out for and there aren't as many?

SCF Rewards
    Country

A Mariano Rivera just sold on eBay for $260 here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/32532483324...p2047675.l2557

Bonds would be around that or bring in more. I just looked at my almanac again and these were retail only. Yeah they are going to be impossible to find in 2022. Nobody was opening up retail 2003 Topps Chrome series 2 when you could have opened up basketball with Lebron James instead.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Exactly what pwaldo said. If you have more cards like this it pays to invest in a pricing index so you can be on top of what your cards are worth.

SCI even has one in their database that sold on(2/11/2022). I been trying to see how good their site is and it seems to have a lot of information when folks ask about it.

P.S. You can try a free trial for 7 days. Just saying you might want to check it out. Unlike Beckett it not going to be a dart board pricing it actual sales which is nice for a change.

https://www.sportscardinvestor.com

Here is a screenshot as it the only one that sold but it was graded GEM MINT 10 with a pop report of 5.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    UCLA Bruins Los Angeles Lakers Anaheim Angels

can anyone post an image of an unredeemed redemption card?
    Collecting - Semi "Master collecting" 2012 Topps BB - [+ 12 Topps Chrome, 12 Topps mini On Line, 12 Topps Opening Day] - 2012 Panini Prizm BB prizm - green, blue, red, gold, ice, pulsar [trade only] - Prefer trades of $30 bv min. for a bubble mailer. PWE trades ok for small trades. It's just a hobby. Have fun and be fair.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    UCLA Bruins Los Angeles Lakers Anaheim Angels