Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Galchenyuk Cut from Avalanche Tryout

Crazy. Former #3 overall, so much hype and potential when he was starting out with the Habs.

The Avalanche signed him to a PTO, from which he was released this morning.

End of the line?
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

He wasn't horrible, especially during his time with the Hab's, averaging around 45pts, but than it's been a slow decline since going to Arizona.
    I guess he was expected to be a superstar...maybe he goes to the Swiss league and enjoys some wine an cheese?
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

His last few stops.... he seems good enough (IMO) to be a league minimum / depth guy. Colorado likely has more than enough of those.

I'll be surprised if there aren't at least a dozen teams, on October 5th, who don't have multiple forwards inferior to Chucky........

Having said that, the idea that he brings anymore upside than 10g / 25p at this stage of his career is probably gone. Probably more teams interested in "fast guy with sandpaper" or "young guy to get experience" than him.

I can very much see him getting another NHL job.... but it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't.

He's half way to Mike Sillinger's record. There's still time!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

His last few stops.... he seems good enough (IMO) to be a league minimum / depth guy. Colorado likely has more than enough of those.

I'll be surprised if there aren't at least a dozen teams, on October 5th, who don't have multiple forwards inferior to Chucky........

Having said that, the idea that he brings anymore upside than 10g / 25p at this stage of his career is probably gone. Probably more teams interested in "fast guy with sandpaper" or "young guy to get experience" than him.

I can very much see him getting another NHL job.... but it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't.

He's half way to Mike Sillinger's record. There's still time!

Well hopefully for his sake if he wants to play hockey he can break the record. Nothing too shabby about being wanted to help a team. As was said before Colorado is loaded on talent. I just feel sorry for all those folks who jumped on the bandwagon of the next hot rookie and look at what they are worth now!

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

The nights where he looked like a number 3 pick were far and few between. Most nights in Montreal it looked like he was just out there for a free skate, covering plenty of the ice surface without touching the puck.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

At least Galchenyuk is in good company ....

NHLDraft2012_NHLDraft2012_AB706323632.jpeg

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Worst top three picks ever?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Shame they missed out on the #4 pick in that photo (Oilers legend, Griffin Reinhart)

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Worst top three picks ever?

The 1999 draft was probably worse overall, but the Sedins went 2 & 3 (so certainly not a bad "top 3" that year). Aside from them, the only players who were more than "depth pieces" taken that year were Craig Anderson in the 3rd round to Calgary, Ryan Miller in the 5th round to Buffalo, and Henrik Zetterberg in the 7th round to Detroit.

It was a very different era, but the 1967 NHL draft definitely has the worst top 3 picks. Combined, they have as many NHL games played as I do.

1974 (Greg Jolly to WSH, Wilf Paiment to Kansas City, Rick Hampton to California) I would argue is worse than the 2012 class, overall. Paiment was probably the best NHLer out of the 6 players involved.... but Yakupov was a better pick at #1 than Joly. Murray has had a better career than Hampton did (and he's still going). Paiment clearly better than Galchenyuk though.

60s and 70s were so long ago though..... 2012 definitely the worst top 3 in modern history.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Tom Wilson should have went #1...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast