Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks Don.. Your efforts at passing along information are always greatly appreciated.

It's interesting, and long over due, that a company, Market Movers, is taking a very pro active approach in determing card values. I think the majority of us in the hobby have adopted methods outside of Beckett for determining a card's worth. eBay is of some use but is not without it's own issues, sales prices can be affected by poor quality listings, sellers with low or poor feedback, shill bidding. and the degree of market volatility. All of those things must be taken into account before assessing values. Then of course there is the matter of cards that have no sales history this is where I find Beckett to be useful as it makes trading those cards a little easier. Most people look to get equal value in trades so the Beckett listings are good for compring values, within reason of course.

There are currently at least a few free sites that list recent eBay sales and I've found them to be quite useful. So I'd be curious to see what Market Movers is offering at the lowest priced service. It would seem that keeping current pricing for millions of cards is a major undertaking to the point where Beckett has simply stopped trying. I'm leaning toward giving them a try.

Don, who is "SCI" and do you have a link to the video you referenced?

Joe,
    Here you go for the link or the video is below:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...1#post15136671

SCI is in the sponsor section as you will see they have their own section. I mentioned some of the same concerns with pricing on ebay folks who shill cards to create their own comps. They, said they had a dedicated person working on trying to catch those so let say a few will slip by but hey they have someone trying to catch them.
    If you have any questions feel free to jump in their section and tag SCI and I am sure they will answer any of your questions.

Watch the video and for guys who are not watching ebay all the time you can put a price in and get notifications for a when a card reaches a certain sell point so you can sell yours. Just some cool tools to use if you're truly moving cards and have too much inventory to keep a eye on everything.
    If you have suggestions as well feel free to chime in and tell them. I know if you have roundtables and take suggestions to make their website and the whole Market Mover aspect better for the needs of the collectors who join.

Thank you DON!! You are the best!!

Thanks, much appreciated.
    I think folks who are selling cards as a living truly need to get Market Mover versus a Beckett account.

DON
    Last edited by doniceage; 10-15-2022 at 02:45 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12