Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

I know you can't really blame him since he is the reason why the Heat are where they are but ever since guaranteeing that victory against the Celtics Jimmy Butler has been noticeably quiet. Is he hurt? Or is he just running out of gas?

Not sure. I think he did tweak his ankle a bit a few games ago, but he can still play on it, so he's gotta play through it. This is his best chance to get a ring at his age and with this team, so it's probably now or never -- have to endure

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Heat surprise everyone by stealing a game in Denver, handing the Nuggets their FIRST home playoff loss!

Spo made a big adjustment putting one of my favs, K Love, in the starting lineup. And while Love didn't shoot well, he had a huge game in the plus/minus department, playing great defense (of all things!), getting key steals, passing the ball well, and grabbing 10 rebounds in just 22 minutes.

Amazingly, they pulled this win out despite Butler going just 7/19. Adebayo and Vincent were again excellent, and thankfully Strus finally hit his shots, giving them a big lift in the first quarter. Robinson and Lowry also did well off the bench, particularly in the second half.

Just when it seems Miami can't possibly pull out any more magic, they do. Just loving the grit of this Heat team!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Amazingly, they pulled this win out despite Butler going just 7/19.

Told you he has been playing like poo poo recently

The Nuggets lost a pretty big game here. If they won and went up 2-0 this series was over. It just would have been how many games do the Nuggets win the championship in. Now the series is 1-1 and I don't really see them winning more than 1 game in Miami so this thing could get real dicey for them. Both teams not really playing too dominant. Just seems like the role players and teammates on the Heat are putting 100% effort into this thing while Denver is playing like they already won and this is a forgone conclusion after beating the Lakers. And that's why I think these teams now would get crushed by classic teams of the past because those guys gave a 100% effort all the time and now unless you are an UFA playing on Miami you play with a lackadaisical approach all the time even in the NBA Finals.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well this game 3 was competitive for the first half, but then Jokic just TOOK OVER the 3rd and schooled the Heat. What a performance, a 30/20/10 triple double. Murray was also outstanding, getting a triple double himself, and Braun provided a big bench spark.

Nuggets up 2-1, both teams have won road games already.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It is weird because outside of a couple of quarters the Nuggets have dominated this series so far yet they are only up 2-1 and I wouldn't be surprised to see the series be 2-2 after the next game because the Heat just hang around. Don't know if it is because they are so gritty and stubborn or just that Denver isn't playing well enough to put them away.

Honestly I can't believe that this Heat team is the best to come out of the East and that the Nuggets are a #1 seed in the West. I know they have both played well enough to be this far but to me they would get destroyed playing the best teams of the past 10-15 years IMO. Just a total down year for every team in the league.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It is weird because outside of a couple of quarters the Nuggets have dominated this series so far yet they are only up 2-1 and I wouldn't be surprised to see the series be 2-2 after the next game because the Heat just hang around. Don't know if it is because they are so gritty and stubborn or just that Denver isn't playing well enough to put them away.

Honestly I can't believe that this Heat team is the best to come out of the East and that the Nuggets are a #1 seed in the West. I know they have both played well enough to be this far but to me they would get destroyed playing the best teams of the past 10-15 years IMO. Just a total down year for every team in the league.

From what I've seen people are very impressed with Jokic. He's definitely one one of the most skilled big men the league has ever seen. Nonetheless the Nuggets are cohesive enough as a team that even though he got a bit hurt and in foul trouble last night, and even though the Heat were on Murray like ants on candy, they still won. Bruce Brown is going to get a nice contract, KCP is going to get another ring, and Aaron Gordon has accepted his role as a team first guy who can still provide some big scoring nights when Joker and Murray aren't at their best. Also gotta give credit to Malone as a coach -- I've always liked how his Nuggets teams play; he may not have the rep of Spoelstra et al but I think you can make a great case for him as a top 5 current coach.

Maybe this Denver squad can't beat Jordan Bulls, Shaq/Kobe Lakers, or mid 2010s Warriors/Cavs, but they're a good team, and a good example for younger fans that you don't need to have monster athleticism or chuck up a million threes to win it all.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

And Denver does it!

The Nuggets have their FIRST championship!

HECK of a game, by the way. Miami made them earn it -- super intense defensive battle of a game the whole way through. It was surprisingly very competitive for a 4-1 series, just like Denver's 4-0 sweep of the Lakers was.

Very happy for them and Jokic! Very deserving title! I wouldn't mind if they won more but my Thunder will be something in a couple of years I think

SCF Rewards
    Country

From what I've seen people are very impressed with Jokic. He's definitely one one of the most skilled big men the league has ever seen. Nonetheless the Nuggets are cohesive enough as a team that even though he got a bit hurt and in foul trouble last night, and even though the Heat were on Murray like ants on candy, they still won. Bruce Brown is going to get a nice contract, KCP is going to get another ring, and Aaron Gordon has accepted his role as a team first guy who can still provide some big scoring nights when Joker and Murray aren't at their best. Also gotta give credit to Malone as a coach -- I've always liked how his Nuggets teams play; he may not have the rep of Spoelstra et al but I think you can make a great case for him as a top 5 current coach.

Maybe this Denver squad can't beat Jordan Bulls, Shaq/Kobe Lakers, or mid 2010s Warriors/Cavs, but they're a good team, and a good example for younger fans that you don't need to have monster athleticism or chuck up a million threes to win it all.

No I don't think they could hang with a lot of these past winners but I can't fault them for that nor can I actually measure their talent because this NBA playoffs they were really never tested.

First I thought the East had the two best teams with the Celtics and Bucks months ago but then the Nets got hurt and they looked like they could turn into something after a very hot streak. But then an injury later and everything fell apart for them. Durant was traded and the Nets became an easier out and the Suns looked like a championship team on paper. The Bucks could have made a run but an injury and getting stuck playing the Heat who play them very well doomed them. And now it is painfully oblivious that the Celtics have a limit with this team that they can reach. It is one good enough to make the NBA Finals but not win one. The Heat looked unstoppable after beating the Bucks with Butler on fire but he and the Heat got to face the Knicks who I don't think anybody took seriously and they almost had an all time historic collapse against the Celtics. The Heat were limited too without Herro and unless Butler played godly the whole playoffs they were doomed to lose to anybody coming out of the West who stayed healthy.

So while the Nuggets rolled through everyone out West I can't even make them favorites to win it again next year because the West is just going to get better. The Spurs get the #1 pick and the Thunder and Mavs somehow didn't make the playoffs so you are once again going to be having too many teams fighting for too few spots. I think the Clippers are going to be the only team out West who made the playoffs to really regress because they are a mess and will probably blow the team up. You really can't count out the Suns with Booker/Durant but that roster looks like it will have a lot of turnover as well with Paul already gone?

So yeah I think it was a bit of a lost season for a lot of teams who probably could have and should have made a push for a championship this season. Do you think the Mavericks regret not trying to make the playoffs now? So while some are saying the Nuggets could be the next NBA dynasty I think you have to tamper down on the expectations a bit because the Grizzles/Kings haven't won anything in the playoffs ala the Jazz and you have fading "older' playoff mainstays like Lebron, the Warriors, Clippers, etc so while that looks favorable to the Nuggets chances you will have the East bounce back IMO and more teams being competitive out West. And that's if the Nuggets stay 100% healthy.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

wrong thread, oops

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617