By David Yarger
Co-Host “The Chase”
Happy Friday, ladies and gents. Today was a big day in the history of “The Chase,” as the crew finished up its final episode at the 9 a.m. time slot. From here on out, “The Chase” will be going live at 11 a.m. EST.
To celebrate the final 9 a.m. episode, the crew welcomed Tracy Hackler of Roadshow Cards. Hackler has become one of the most respected people in the hobby, as he’s worked with Beckett, Panini and more, before getting his new gig with Roadshow. Additionally, he used to be a sportswriter, continued writing in the hobby, before getting into marketing.

He said his interest with the hobby began back in the late 70s’ with his brother, Tim.
“We spent many, many years collecting cards. We would ride our bikes to the 7-11 on the corner – I think we had a dollar each and we’d buy a few packs and a Slurpee and then come back and open them and trade,” Hackler said.
He mentioned, the hobby has changed a ton, as back then you couldn’t search up cards or your favorite players on the web. Hackler added that the progress of the hobby over the past three years has been extraordinary.
“I learned a lot about those players by reading the back of their cards,” he said. “As a sports fan, it was a way for me to connect in a deeper way, oddly enough, to the sports I loved and the players I loved.”
Early in his career, Hackler was a sportswriter and said he loved writing, and with his passion for sports, it paired into exactly what he wanted to do for a living. Even in marketing these days, Hackler said he still uses all the tools he did as a writer, just in a different capacity.
Hackler made a good point, as well, noting that he’s seen a ton of kids at shows who are grinding and making deals, but it’s moments like that where the hobby is educating on buying and selling, trading and business lessons, in addition to work ethic.
Obviously, the hobby continues to progress, and more people have put their hands into the cookie jar. Hackler said he believes the hobby will continue to get more creative as time goes on, as far as card designs. Additionally, with Fanatics coming into the equation, Hackler said “You’re going to see some new ideas and some new energy … and I think it will be very well received.
“I’ve never felt any trepidation about the news when it broke. I wasn’t fearful, I wasn’t hesitant. I just thought it was kind of the evolution when something gets to a point that trading cards got to over the past two or three years. I think it attracted a lot of eyeballs. It’s all part of the explosion and growth,” he said.
He added that he believes Fanatics seen a great opportunity with cards not just based off the last few years, but based on where the hobby can eventually go moving forward.
At the 2022 Industry Summit, Hackler was introduced into this year’s Hall of Honor. He said award was a huge honor.
“I was extremely touched and honored. It just means I’ve been in the industry so long (that) they haven’t kicked me out yet,” he said with a laugh. “It did touch me in a place I didn’t expect. When they presented it, I loved the class that I was lucky to go in with. I know all of them dudes … I’ve had a chance to work with all those people and really like them as people as human being first and business associates second.”
And as time goes on, Hackler said he continues to wake up every morning and enjoy what he does in the hobby for a living.
For more on Hackler, check out his Instagram and Twitter. Also, check out Roadshow Cards website.
Also on “The Chase” …
The crew ripped some 2022 Panini Select Draft Picks Football this morning and had some decent hits including an Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner auto! In order to win, comment on the video who your favorite college football player of all-time is. A winner will be announced on Monday’s episode at 11 a.m.
Additionally, speaking of Monday’s episode, be sure to send in your questions as we will host Dave & Adam’s CEO Adam Martin for an ask me anything segment. This is your chance to ask Martin any of your hobby curiosities, tips for success or even get to know some of his collection! Send in your questions to [email protected], or hit us on Twitter or Instagram.
Also, don’t forget, “The Chase” is moving times! Starting Monday, all episodes will begin at 11 a.m. We look forward to seeing ya there on our Twitch stream.
For more information on everything Dave & Adam’s Card World related, visit dacardworld.com or visit all the social media platforms here.

The post Hackler joins ‘The Chase’ set appeared first on Dave & Adam's News.

More...