Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

30-Jul-2023: The National Day 5

Last day of the National on Sunday. I was able to get two cards signed from VIP signer and former Chicago Bears linebacker Jim Morrissey, and 5 cards signed by former Cubs and Phillies center fielder Bob Dernier. The other 2 VIP guests for the day were Steve Trout and...honestly, I can't even remember anymore. I was also able to get 2 oversized 5x7 cards signed at the Upper Deck booth by Toronto Maple Leafs goalie Joseph Woll. The big disappointment for Sunday, however, was I purchased an autograph ticket and inscription ticket for Lawrence Taylor, as I decided to finally get LT, and unfortunately, his flight was cancelled and he couldn't get another, so he did not attend. Oh well, next time!

Photo of the autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2023: 235
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Looks like you had a great couple of days and picked up some nice graphs.
    Plus you connected with Tim

Great job and now wait for the next show

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Bulls

Awesome stuff - the National is a bucket list item for me! Urlacher photo came out nice for being a stock photo!
    Collect HOF ROMLB SS balls (Have 35, always looking for more)
    Trying to complete 2016 Topps Heritage Minor League Set (199/215)
    2016 Cubs World Series signed WS ROMLB (8/25)
    2018 Bowman Draft 169/200
    2020 Bowman Draft 121/200

SCF Rewards
    Country

I heard that Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's signings were a mess all weekend because if you had a card for him to sign, his handler was giving the card a condition grade on the spot and that determined how much you were paying. This slowed things down drastically. On top of that, this handler was getting into arguments with people over condition who had their slabbed items in front of them that they had just cracked open for signing.
    Owner of 244 unique Baseball HOFer Autographs

Collecting signed sets: 14, 15, 16, 18, 19 Topps Heritage Minors

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

11-Aug-2023

Friday evening, I went to the Frontier League game between the Windy City Thunderbolts and the Schaumburg Boomers. Boomers were giving out a Stay Puft Marshmallow bobblehead, and were having the "world's largest marshmallow fight" after the game. Prior to the game, I was able to get 4 cards (out of 9) signed by Thunderbolts manager and former MLB star Richie Sexson. He was not thrilled about signing, even though there were 4 people there asking. Then, I waited a bit more, and was able to get 5 cards (out of 7) signed by former Indians and Yankees pitcher Jaret Wright, who is the Thunderbolts pitching coach. The marshmallow fight was fun, I have never seen that many people on the field or that many bags of marshmallows.

Photo of the Sexson and Wright autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2023: 244

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

12-Aug-2023

Saturday evening, I went to the Peoria Chiefs at Beloit Sky Carp (Marlins Single A team) baseball game in Beloit, WI. I brought a few Bowman cards, and bought a team set. In a combination of pregame, postgame, and in parking lot after the game, I was able to get 2 autographs on cards from starting pitcher Karson Milbrandt, 2 autos on cards from starting catcher Joe Mack, 2 autos on cards from outfielder Osiris Johnson, 3 autographs on cards from shortstop Yiddi Cappe, 1 auto on a team set card from pitcher Alex Williams, 1 auto on a team set card from pitcher Yeuris Jimenez, 1 auto on a team set card from infielder Ynmanol Marinez, 1 auto on a team set card from infielder Josh Zamora, 1 auto on a team set card from manager Billy Gardner, 1 auto on a team set card from hitting coach Dan Radison, and 1 auto on a team set card from strength and conditioning coach Brandon Remalia.

Photo of the Beloit autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2023: 260

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

01-Sep-2023

Friday evening, I went to the Frontier League game between the Evansville Otters and the Schaumburg Boomers. Prior to the game, I was able to get 5 cards signed by former Baltimore Orioles prospect Jomar Reyes, 2 cards signed from former Detroit tigers prospect Kona Quiggle, 1 card signed by former San Diego Padres prospect Ethan Skender, and 2 cards signed by former Chicago Cubs propsect Jeffrey Baez.

Photo of the signed cards:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2023: 270

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

02-Sep-2023

Saturday morning, I went to an appearance at a food store in the city by 3-time Olympic Gold Medalist Kerri Walsh Jennings. She was in town for a volleyball tournament that day, and was also promoting her gluten free, vegan energy bay. The event was advertised as the first 50 people would get a signed volleyball, so I got there early. She showed up 25 minutes early to the event, and walked through the line stopping to talk to every single person in line. It was very refreshing, and she couldn't have been nicer. I was third in line, and I got a 2007 Topps Allen & Ginter card signed, as well as the aforementioned volleyball, which was pretty cool. I can't read a single letter in her signature, but she also wrote Dream Big on the ball.

Photo of the autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2023: 272

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

09-Sep-2023

Saturday evening, I went to an appearance by Chicago Cubs 3rd baseman Patrick Wisdom at a card store near the Illinois/Wisconsin border. I was able to get three cards, for free.

Photo of the Wisdom autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2023: 275

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

16-Sep-2023

Last night, I went to the American Association Final Game 1 between the Chicago Dogs and the Kansas City Monarchs. This is the final series, and the best of 5 winner claims the Wolff Cup. Prior to the game, I was able to get 3 autographs on cards from former Detroit Tigers outfielder Jacob Robson, and 6 autographs on cards from former Cincinnati Reds and Kansas City Royals pitcher Brandon Finnegan. I had cards for former Diamondbacks prospect Andy Yerzy, but didn't notice him (he wasn't starting and was wearing a hoodie), and cards for former Phillies outfielder Odubel Herrera. Herrera indicated he would sign after warming up, but would not come over. He was then sitting in the dugout, and would not come over. There were two people trying to get his autographs, and everyone else who was asked was happy to sign. The game started, and I decided to wait and watch. The game moved quickly and in the 5th inning, I decided I would stay the game and try to get Herrera and Yerzy. The game got tied in the 9th inning, and went to the 16th inning, the longest a Dogs game has ever gone. In Herrera's 5th of 6th at bat, he fouled a ball off his ankle and was in a ton of pain, and was removed from the game. However, after walking back to the clubhouse with his bat and glove, he came back and was in the dugout. The Dogs finally had a walk-off double in the 16th, and I went a few rows down. I asked Odubel if he would sign, and he came right over and signed 6 cards for me. I asked about his ankle, but he wasn't talking much, and I told him I hoped it got better for the rest of the series. I then saw Yerzy walking back to the clubhouse, but he had bats and bags in his hands, and I asked him if he would sign, but he said no. I don't blame him, the game lasted 5 hours.

Photo of the Monarchs autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2023: 290

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast