Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Jakebrandon 2023 IP success

First auto attempt this year got of to a rocky start. I was going to the Westchester Knicks vs Long Island Nets game in Bridgeport. We didn't arrive until the second quarter so missed trying to ask during warmups. At the end of the game the Long Island Nets walked pretty quickly off the court. I was able to get David Duke Jr. but he signed one of my two cards upside down. Hoping for more autograph opportunities this year.

SCF Rewards
    Country

East Coast National

Finally a new update. Went to the East Coast National in White Plains yesterday. Pretty good deal for the $15 admission. It included autograph tickets for former big leaguers Jack McDowell, Carl Everett, and Dave LaPoint. The lines were well organized for such a big event. I was able to get all 3 autos in under 2 hours. They were all very nice. I thanked Dave for also sending me back a signed card when I had written to him awhile back and he thanked me for not sending him 60 cards! It was a 3-day event with lots of paid signers. I am waiting for my Tony Perez RC that I had left on Saturday to get signed as I couldn't attend. Think I will start a new Yankees photo soon.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Nice success

Couple of things
    First the season is almost over for the Somerset Patriots and if you are planning to see Sparky he has only been going to the games on the week end .

Next I have not seen anything posted yet for Aberdeen Day which should be September 23rd. Hope they update soon

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks. Always happy to add a couple of Yankees signatures in-person.

Adiddle, always enjoy reading your posts about the Patriots. I've been too busy to make the trip down to see them. It's a shame the players aren't as accommodating anymore and it's still the minors.

Hoping to see something about Aberdeen Day soon as well. Think the updates were earlier last year.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

I talked to someone at the game who is involved with Aberdeen and he said they are having trouble getting people to sign.
    He said its all about the money. It looks like the free signing days are winding down
    So far they have someone from the WNBA I believe which does not bother me
    Also Ken Daneyko from the Devils and Marty Lyons from the Jets. Still trying to get a fourth.
    Right not I am good on Daneyko and Lyons so waiting on the fourth name.

The Patriots have been horrible this year is signing.
    I have never seen and heard so many complaints about the players ignoring you totally
    Its a shame.
    Last edited by adiddle; 08-25-2023 at 10:08 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yankees prospects have always been bad in my experience. At least for the last 10 years anyway. Years ago I got like 7 out of Aaron Judge when he was with Tampa.
    Owner of 244 unique Baseball HOFer Autographs

Collecting signed sets: 14, 15, 16, 18, 19 Topps Heritage Minors

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's such a shame but I get it. The prices for some of the Yankees players at the East Coast national were crazy and enough people paid to justify it. Hopefully, they can get one Met or Yankee for that 4th player.

It's sad to see minor leaguers ignoring fans especially the less known athletes. I would think they would enjoy the interaction. Sounded like more effort this year than your older posts.

Here's a picture of my signed Tony Perez that I just received back from the National. Bummed I wasn't able to attend the Saturday portion when he was there but these guys were top notch. I wouldn't usually post this since it wasn't "in-person", but it's related to my other post from the Sunday show. And I love the card!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Sweet Perez

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

The fourth person at Aberdeen will be Plaxico Burress
    I may go as I need him and who knows get photos signed by the others.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the update. I think I will attend if it's a nice day so my son can do the children's activities. I'd be interested in Burress to get something signed for both Giants and Jets.

Glad to see some success for you at the Patriots game. Still amazes me how AA players are ignoring players but with NILs in college, I'm sure free autos even at games will just get harder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast