Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Bulls

Good luck - glad being on the other side of the dugout worked out for you!
    Collect HOF ROMLB SS balls (Have 35, always looking for more)
    Trying to complete 2016 Topps Heritage Minor League Set (199/215)
    2016 Cubs World Series signed WS ROMLB (8/25)
    2018 Bowman Draft 169/200
    2020 Bowman Draft 121/200

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Went to last nights Somerset and Bowie game.
    Sorry there will be 3 stories to tell

First story
    Last night was Anthony Volpe bobble head night. Figured it was going to be busy but could not believe what I saw when pulling up to the stadium.
    I drive from the 3rd base side and I noticed the line from the main gate reached the 3rd base parking lot. I was heading to my parking lot on the 1st base side and another line went from the main gate to that parking lot and into the parking lot. All told there must have been at least 500 people maybe more in both lines waiting to get in.
    I parked and walked to the season ticket holder gate and there were 2 more lines. One was for non season ticket holders and the the other was mine and that went up the stairs. There had to be at least 100 people in front of me. Could not believe it as there is usually no more than 10-15 people there. When I finally go in one of my usher friends said people were gathering since 3 PM to get in line for a bobble head. There were only 1,000 to give out.
    Have to admit I almost decided to go home.
    The attendance was 7100.
    End 1st story

So I went to the Bowie side again and by the time I got there the normal spot was crowded again.
    Went to the spot I was the night before.
    I had a feeling I was not going to do well on completing what I needed.
    I only got 3 graphs.

Story number 2

Now I am sitting at the screen by the dug out with other friends.
    Jackson comes out and all of a sudden we are over whelmed with kids screaming for Jackson please come sign as you are my favorite player. My friends and I are now laughing because they are all wearing Yankee clothes and he is their favorite player. When warm ups were completed Jackson went to the fence and started signing. He walked down the fence line . Next thing I know kids are climbing all over me knocking off my hat and glasses trying to get close. By now I had to say something to them. I had my team sheet down and pen out in case he came by and he did. He was very nice and smiling to everyone. He took my pen signed my sheet and kept on walking with my pen. Guess a pen for a graph is a good exchange.

So now you know one graph.
    Here are the 3 that I did get.

Bowie team sheet
    Jackson Holiday
    Ramon Rodriguez starting catcher
    Peter Van Loon

Did Not Sign Again

Joseph Rosa
    John Rhodes he walks past and just smiles at you
    Jud Fabian
    Donta Williams only signed for a few kids
    Greg Cullen By the time he got to me he apologized as he had to go.

Some of the above players should take stock in their signing habits by observing what Jackson goes thru to please the fans and not be schmucks about it.

Story 3

I was meeting an usher friend of mine who was not working last night. He collects signed baseballs and some Yankee items.
    We were making an exchange.
    I gave him the Volpe bobble head and a Yogi Berra bobble head from last season ( I do not collect them) and in return he game me a PSA certified ball of Boog Powell.
    Even though I have in on cards this was nice. Boog was one of my favorite players growing up. My friend even gave me the PSA certs. I think I made out OK.

Just an added not. I give much credit to Jackson on how he handled himself.
    He was pleasant signing and not rushing. I hope he can keep up his attitude into the future.

Next game August 8th against Binghamton.
    Back to trying for the Patriots.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

With help I have been able to identify one of the 3 signatures from the first Bowie day
    Its Kyle Brnovich who is rehabbing with Bowie. He was not listed on their roster at the time but is there now and wearing #19.
    That one down and two to go

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Went to todays game of Somerset and Binghamton

Went needing 25 players and coaches plus trainers and knowing that I could walk away with no autos.
    As I have stated before if it was any other team you would most likely get 1/2 completed but we are talking Somerset.

Here is how I fared on the team sheet

Starters not signing
    Chase Hampton actually met him as he was getting out of his car and he said he cannot sign.
    Ben Rice back door
    Mickey Gasper looked at me and no
    Elijah Dunham walked by
    Jesus Bastidas another walk by.

Team sheet signed
    Got these guys before they turned sour
    Agustin Ramirez
    Eduardo Torrealba

Card
    Grayson Crawford 1/1 pete27
    Stephen Dimario 0/1 He is the analyst and when he looked at me he ran away like a scared puppy. I think he is afraid to sign Sorry Pete

Bonus signing. In the seats when I got there was Omar Minya. He was there to look at Chase Hampton. Asked if he would sign and he did
    Omar Minya 1/1 Yankees signature card

Will be trying tomorrows day game and hope to do better. Depends on the day camp kids.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Today was the last day game and it was Camp Day
    I have to admit the kids were very well behaved
    Also today I was able to stay the entire game which was my first time of the season and I actually did very well on getting graphs

Pre game during all the pitchers warm up
    Team Sheet
    Ryan Anderson
    Mickey Gasper
    Jesus Bastidas

Cards
    Lisandro Santos pete27
    Michael Becker trainer pete27

Post Game
    Now this was challenging as the day campers stayed the whole game and the buses were picking up for about 25 minutes after the game. With that player were coming out of 3 different exits. I missed a few because of that.
    Also there were only 2 of us graphing

Here is who I got post on the team sheet
    Josh Maciejewski
    Matt Sauer
    Jesus Liranzo
    Jack Neely
    Bailey Dees
    Ben Rice

Missed the following
    Elijah Dunham was in his card when I saw him
    Danny Watson he was picked up at one of the entrances
    Steve Jennings I called him but he either did not hear me or did not want to sign
    Yoendrys Gomez a flat out NO

Now my list is down to the following
    Blane Abeyta
    Steve Jennings
    Yoendrys Gomez
    Drew Thorpe
    Danny Watson
    Chase Hampton
    Aaron Palensky
    Elijah Dunham

Much more reasonable. Looks like the best way to get Somerset is post but the rest of the season are night games and its harder for me but will see if I can schedule a night.

Next game August 22 against Hartford and it will be Ron Guidry night. I think it is also bobble head night.
    Will have to get ready for another mad house

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Tonights game Somerset vs Hartford.
    It was Ron Guidry night and billed as the 2 Cy Young winners with him and Sparky.
    Nice to see with a Q & A before the game
    Could not stay entire game but what an ending.
    A grand slam to end the game in the 10th

Went not expecting much

Team Sheet
    Carlos Gomez
    Grant Richardson

Got the new guys before they got spoiled

Cards
    Milton Miles club house manager pete27

Everybody else I need most likely will have to be post but will try again tomorrow night.
    It Guidry bobble head night.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Tonights game Somerset vs Hartford
    Got a Ron Guidry bobble head for my friend

Here is how I did with Somerset

Nothing Zip Nil Zero Blank Goose Egg Zilch Shut Out

That should cover my night
    This also goes for the other graphers standing with me. Some were dumb founded on how the players react.

Next game August 22 against Erie.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Went to todays Erie vs Somerset
    Met up with my friend pete27. Pete did the Erie side and did quite well thank god and I did the Somerset side HA HA

Pre game coming out of the tunnel
    Aaron Palensky after
    Elijah Dunham after
    Spencer Jones new call up walked right by me

I then moved to the right field fence where they were warming up and pitchers would walk by.
    Spencer Jones came over and signed for 8 of the 11 people there. I was not one
    Drew Thorpe came by and signed for the guy next to me then kept on walking. Yawn nothing new.

A big thanks to Pete for getting my 2022 Tides card signed by Tim Naughton on Erie
    Sorry zechautograph did not get a chance to talk to him about your beard conversation.
    I only stayed a couple of innings as the heat and humidity were affecting my breathing a little and I am returning tomorrow night to try for a complete game and post. It will be my last

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Did attend last nights Erie vs Somerset game
    I was able to navigate the weather and even stayed post game which at the end of the game I thought was the worst thing to do.
    Patriots were winning 2-1 into the 9th and they give up a home run to tie it. Top of the 10th they give up a 2 run HR and wondering how will they be post. Well they scored 3 in the bottom of the10th to win so I figured it would help.
    There were 6 of us post so not a big crowd
    Here is the list of players needed and how I fared on my team sheet .
    I had 4 spots open on it and would have to go to a second sheet if needed.

Blane Abeyta nothing pre and he must have booked fast as I did not see him post. With this I have been after him since April and not one auto. Not bad for a pitcher who is mediocre at best this season.
    Yoendrys Gomes finally got him post
    Drew Thorpe starting pitcher and blew passed everyone post.
    Danny Watson signed post.
    Chase Hampton On the Development list and did not see
    Aaron Palensky signed post
    Elijah Dunham would not sigh the team sheet he said only cards. Funny he signed last season
    Spencer Jones nothing pre and waited 45 minutes after the game for him and found out he was pulling a Jasson Dominguez and parking behind the gate and waiting to leave.

Would have liked to get Jones and Thorpe and I would have been totally satisfied.

Since I do not think I will be graphing the playoffs and cannot stay post anyway and try to get the remaining players 4 players this might be it for the season. Will have 2 weeks to decide.
    I still have one space on my team sheet

Next game September 21st start of the playoffs.

Quote Reply
    Report Edit

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Went to last nights playoff game and glad I did as the Rumble Ponies took the Patriots 2 games to none.

Was not sure about graphing but what the heck I brought the bag anyway.
    Non of the players stopped as usual and I needed one more signature to fill out my team sheet.
    So Dan Fiorito was there helping out. He was the Patriots manager last season and I know he is with the Yankees in some capacity but not sure what. Dan was nice enough to come over and sign.
    I also figured I would have Sparky Lyle sign 2 cards for me as I did not ask him all season.

Well I am glad the Patriots lost so I would not have to keep going and try for the same players.
    Lets see what the off season brings.
    Last edited by adiddle; 09-22-2023 at 11:39 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast