Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Bruins New England Patriots Boston Celtics

74-75 Bruins Auto Project

I got into card collecting decades ago, and a couple of the cards that got me into historical card collecting was the 1974-75 hockey designs. Over the past few years, I had started to collect the set of that particular year for the Bruins, which eventually led me to buying a signed example of one of the cards in the set (Gilles Gilbert).

With some extra time on my hands this year, I decided to see if I could collect all nineteen Bruins players/staff of that 1974-75 set signed. I recently received back signed the two cards that started my card collection many years ago, so I thought I'd log my status of how the collection is coming along:

------------------------------

Signed cards:

-Ross Brooks (Purchased online)
    -Johnny Bucyk (Received TTM)
    -Wayne Cashman (Received TTM)
    -Gilles Gilbert (Purchased online)
    -Don Marcotte (Purchased online)
    -Bobby Schmautz (Purchased online)
    -Gregg Sheppard (Purchased online)
    -Carol Vadnais (Purchased online)

Cards currently sent TTM:

-Don Cherry
    -Dave Forbes
    -Ken Hodge
    -Dallas Smith

Holding for now due to low/no TTM success:

-Phil Esposito – Planning to send TTM with donation
    -Terry O’Reilly – Looking for signing event since TTM success is very low
    -Bobby Orr – Planning to send to signing event
    -Andre Savard – Unsure where to send for this one since the TTM list shows no success
    -Al Sims – Planning to send TTM via B’s Alumni

Deceased, looking online

-Gary Doak – Only came across one online, and failed at the auction it was in. Guessing this one will take patience.
    -Darryl Edestrand – Never have seen an example of this card signed, and with the prices of other examples online, it's likely a very rare example. Probably the white whale of the collection.

------------------------------

I hope to keep this log updated, and hopefully complete it one day. Any assistance on the ones I'm looking for would also be welcome. Thanks and all the best!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Adding the pictures of the current signed eight for additional show purposes in this show and tell section:

New Member Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See manthis02's Items on eBay

wow
    so awsome.
    my new flicker

Hidden Content

- ( IN ROCK WE TRUST )= (ITS ROCK or BUST)-

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Nice! I always find it interesting how many of the players from the past have a certain manner in how they sign cards. Some never sign across the card while others sign along the side, bottom, or in an area where no part of the player is visible. They also tend to have clearer, more legible autos as well. Thanks for the show.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you for the kind words. Indeed, the signatures here are definitely a lot more legible than most of the modern autographs I have which sometimes resemble art doodles. That's definitely been an upside of collecting this group's autographs as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

An update for the weekend:

-I was able to send out the Al Sims card, taking a chance that the Bruins Alumni address can help out with that like they can with other former Bruins that are listed on this site. Fingers crossed for that!

-Today I received in the mail my Ken Hodge card back signed! I really like the artful signature he used with this one, as provided in this post. Many, many thanks to Mr Hodge for this one!

-I hope to send out the Phil Esposito card later next week. I've seen success in the Tampa address, though it's been a while since a success has come along there. I'll have my fingers crossed with this one.

-Still searching for a good option for the Andre Savard card I have TTM, as the address in the directory doesn't show any success. I wonder if the Alumni Association would be a way to go for this one as well.

For now, wishing you all a happy weekend!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome collection

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you! It's been a fun project to work on this year.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Latest update:

-Planning to send out the Phil Esposito card tomorrow after a bit of a delay. IRL things took precedent, but I'm hoping this one can be mailed out and will keep my fingers crossed for his card!

-I received the next addition this afternoon TTM with the arrival of the Dave Forbes OPC rookie card. It was a great surprise to see that one arrive back safe and sound! Thank you and God bless, Mr Forbes!

Thankfully I'm now over the halfway point with the collection. Ten collected and nine to go. I guess the real challenges come next.

Thanks again and all the best!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Really nice project you're working on. I'm missing the Orr to complete that set and may just bite the bullet at some point and send it in to bobbyorr.com to have it signed. I've sent cards there before (helped me complete a 1998 Bruins alumni set) and you can get it signed for $120. I got mine back farily quickly, took about 3 weeks.

Not rubbing it in but adding pics of my Doak and Edestrand below so you can remain motivated to scoop them up at some point, LOL...best of luck with completion of the set.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast