Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Washington Capitals Chicago Blackhawks
    See sleepn0t's Items on eBay
    Member is PayPal Verified

As Veg as rigged ?! or Is Veg as rigged ?!

My play on words is still to be refined, but anyway... Bottom line, my point is that I'm starting to wonder if the NHL is not rigged, from time to time. Obviously, not as much as wrestling is, but still, maybe a tad?! What do you guys think? Btw, I don't like the afternoon games, but are there people on here who watched it today, entirely or else at least a part of it?

Did someone see the winning goal of Vegas in OT? Is it me or, and I don't say that Oettinger had the time to go to his right and make the save, but there was literally a Golden Knights player in the crease, right in the legs of the goalie! Really?! I remember a time when there was a rule which was that, as soon as there was a part of a skate of a player from the opponent team in the "blue paint" crease of the goaltender, there was no goal!!! Period. As simple as that...

Well, let's say that we're far from that today anyway! However, it is what it is I guess! NHL and Gary say, Vegas must win the Cup, at all costs!!! That would be SO awesome for the sport itself, and for the US market too. Back in the day, to be competitive, a league's new franchise had to go through A LOT before reaching the top. Not nowadays anymore apparently.. I hate Vegas, btw! I don't know if it shows... What do u guys think of all this? In my opinion, goalies are not protected enough. Thanks all, for reading my thread!
    Last edited by sleepn0t; 05-21-2023 at 08:01 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

how much money you lose bro?
    Last edited by cjb; 05-21-2023 at 09:14 PM.
    Trade and Want List Below

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

My play on words is still to be refined, but anyway... Bottom line, my point is that I'm starting to wonder if the NHL is not rigged, from time to time. Obviously, not as much as wrestling is, but still, maybe a tad?! What do you guys think?

People have been saying this with the NBA and NFL for awhile too. If you pay attention to the refs they clearly have favorites in some games. So are the leagues doing this or is Vegas/gambling doing it? That's the question.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Tampa Bay Lightning Pittsburgh Penguins

People have been saying this with the NBA and NFL for awhile too. If you pay attention to the refs they clearly have favorites in some games. So are the leagues doing this or is Vegas/gambling doing it? That's the question.

It would not surprise me if the results were somewhat rigged, especially with all the gambing ad revenue that the NHL gets.

SCF Rewards
    Country

how much money you lose bro?

True that the TV advertising during hockey games seems to want us to spend all our money on hockey betting, or on gambling on whatever other sports outcomes, as two ads out of three are probably about that topic, or related to it anyway. I'm watching the games on Sportsnet.. So, could make sense that the NHL or the refs want to see certain teams win more than some others... But fyi cjb, they won't get me with that gambling stuff or that betting thing; I don't have this problem as I NEVER bet. And never did.. So, cjb, you're a fan of Vegas?!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

No,it's not rigged, and if you think it s , why follow it?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Of course it is not rigged. I do believe that the refs sucks from time to time. That is the same in every sport. There is definite bias in some instances. I do believe that some things are rigged, but not actual game-play. It is true that some teams intentionally lose on very rare occasions, usually to get a better match-up in the long run and it is also true that some of those intentional losses back-fired on them.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good question, Devlin! Well I've been watching hockey for a very looong time, kind of my favorite sport; so I guess I'm just not ready yet to stop following it overnight... But even then, it's not like if it was mutually exclusive, right?! I mean, I can still like it & watch some of the NHL games, and at the same time finding some refs calls doubtful in addition to be wondering about some of the stuff I see during the games...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I wouldn't discount anything when money and humans are involved. Apparently soccer is really corrupt but hopefully not the good ole hockey game.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Yes refs are somewhat biased towards home teams, especially basketball. and sometimes they make horribly questionable calls. They, have been found to
    gamble on games they are officiating, nba about 15 years ago, Tim, whatshisname?It seems "fix" is something the losing gambler has made up in their mind.
    If they win,it's because they know the game, if they lose there must be a reason. Not all of course, but we've probably all have heard co-workers, family and friends. I for one am a lousy handicapper, though i still give it a go once in a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast